Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin

Why can't crouch, and no demo?

Guest Kevin

I've used ZDoom to play Doom for a few months. It is v1.22. And I thought it is a amazing source port. But the flaws are I can't crouch in ZDoom, and hasn't demo support. Will the newer version of ZDoom will fix them?

ZDoom 1.22 does have demo support, but only for demos recorded with it. No other port allows you to crouch either. That could be a pain to implement because a new set of player animations would have to be made up. Maybe someday :)

Well, i read something at the doom legacy page "Crouch, crawl : a proud marine doesn't crawl, he stands up and dies like a brave warrior." And thats actually true!

If you ask me, thats just an excuse for not redrawing frames for all of the sprites that had been made for legacy back then.

Shaviro said:

Well, i read something at the doom legacy page "Crouch, crawl : a proud marine doesn't crawl, he stands up and dies like a brave warrior." And thats actually true!

Look, marines are trained to take cover from incoming fire. They may be a little thick, but they ain't THAT thick :P