Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Drat

Is it okay to upload this file to cdrom.com?

I made a barrel graphics replacement patch. I modified it from the original Id graphics. Well, only the explosions in the explosion frames are original Id stuff, cause I clone brushed new graphics onto the fragments. Is it okay to upload it to /newstuff? Or can my arse be sued off?

I think modified artwork is ok. It's just id's original unaltered sprites and patches that are not allowed at places like cdrom.com. At any rate I doubt you have reason to fear any kind of legal action.

Guest doomgod12345
Stphrz said:

I think modified artwork is ok. It's just id's original unaltered sprites and patches that are not allowed at places like cdrom.com. At any rate I doubt you have reason to fear any kind of legal action.

as long as u give credit to any of the original art work u are fine

I'm not exactly sure, but I think the law may be that you can use any graphics from the shareware version of Doom (this includes the barrel graphics) because people don't have to pay for that anyway. But if, for example, you make a 3D raycasting engine and use graphics from Doom 2 or Ultimate Doom, that would be considered piracy or something.

But I'm probably wrong, so don't take my word for it.

My guess is, as long as you aren't uploading unaltered artwork or taking credit for Id's artwork, you can upload it to cdrom.com.