Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
masterhassan

whats a good way to get scratches out of cds?

im listening ot my beatles rubber soul album and its severely scratched, almost half the songs skip. i was thinking of using really fine sand paer softly in middle -outward stroking. but that will probably fuck it up. if nothing works ill jsut buy it again

Guest doomgod12345

snad paper what the fuck are u thinking!!! if u got a burner just copy the cd, i did that to a scratched up cd and the copy had no skiping it it. I also think there are kits out there for cd repair

There are plenty of CD repair kits which actually do work quite well. A place like Office Depot and other computer-related stores should carry them. Another thing I've heard of that works is toothpaste. Just don't rub it in with a toothbrush, that's all.

doomgod12345 said:

snad paper what the fuck are u thinking!!! if u got a burner just copy the cd, i did that to a scratched up cd and the copy had no skiping it it. I also think there are kits out there for cd repair

no shit it was a dumb idea, but you cant burn a scratched cd, my friend tried it with my load cd...thts my favorite album and there was never a scratch on it until he borrowed it, then he sadi it was there when i gave it to him adn i was listenin gto it just a half hour before. now teh last song the oulaw torn has this huge ass skip. ...by the way how does the toothpast work? ive heard of it

I've heard that rubbing washing liquid gently into the scratches gives the CD enough life for one copy of it.. if anyone finds a foolproof method please tell me, I've got a friends Die by the Sword with deep marks in it and I really want to play that game again :(

You could try that kind of paste which bikers uses to polish motorcycle-helmet visors. But first try it out on a vaste CD!
BTW: My Dark Forces CD (which I bought used) looks like Katerina Witt has performed some ice skating trainings on it - but it still works.