Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Spiders in Doom

Does anyone know how spiders fit into Doom's storyline?
I've only read the DoomBible and the first paperback book, and I don't recall any mention of spiders.

The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of making a level with lots of different spider sprites protecting the Spider Mastermind, but I need a story which makes some sense.

Guest Aiylyn

The mastermind isn't really a spider, it just used a spider like machine that it used to move around in. Like Krang from the Ninja Turtles.

The aliens in Doom were actually artificially created monsters made to be a sort of "invasion soldier force" for aliens called "deconstructionists" who, rather than getting their own feet wet, preferred to have these genetically engineered, mindless grunts do their dirty work for them. The spider "masterminds" were the conduit through which the commanding aliens issued their battle commands and coordinated the attack of all the lower monsters. They gave their orders to the spidermind, and it in turn relayed individual commands to the troops of lesser demons.

Aiylyn said:

The aliens in Doom were actually artificially created monsters made to be a sort of "invasion soldier force" for aliens called "deconstructionists" who, rather than getting their own feet wet, preferred to have these genetically engineered, mindless grunts do their dirty work for them. The spider "masterminds" were the conduit through which the commanding aliens issued their battle commands and coordinated the attack of all the lower monsters. They gave their orders to the spidermind, and it in turn relayed individual commands to the troops of lesser demons.

Here is the message you get when you kill your first Mastermind
It is all I seen about him.

The loathsome spiderdemon that masterminded the invasion of the moon bases and caused so much death has had its ass kicked for all time

A hidden doorway opens and you enter. You've proven to tough for Hell to contain, and now Hell at last plays fair -- for you emerge from the door to see the green fields of Earth! Home at last.

You wonder what's been happening on Earth while you were battling evil unleashed. It's good that no Hellspawn could have come through that door with you ...

Aiylyn said:

Fuck the Doom novels.

AriocH said:

Fuck the Doom novels.

..but that'll make the pages stick together.

Between 'fucking' books and the look of your face icon, I suspect someone's not getting enough sex...

Aiylyn said:

Sounds good to me, but where did the name Deconstructionists come from, and what does it mean?

Sparky said:

..but that'll make the pages stick together.Between 'fucking' books and the look of your face icon, I suspect someone's not getting enough sex...

LOL!

Sparky said:

..but that'll make the pages stick together.

Between 'fucking' books and the look of your face icon, I suspect someone's not getting enough sex...

http://mewse.demongate.ath.cx

Does it look like I'm not getting enough sex, BITCH?!

Sparky said:

Sounds good to me, but where did the name Deconstructionists come from, and what does it mean?

deconstructionists was the name given to the alien race pretending to be demons when the authors of the doom books decided to scrap the whole doom thing and make it into some thinly veiled pro-religion mormonist garbage.