Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Malum Archon

Concerning All you and jeremy

Cut him some slack, and atleast give him credit for sticking to his site even with all the complaints. Out of all of those, there is no competition, Doom Galaxy shouldnt even be on that list, sorry Jer, but they are mainstream sites, yours is a fan site. Even Maonths site would be considerd mainsteam compared to yours. Jeremy, you quit posting every 2 hours about your site, I know you are trying to promote it, but it demotes it as far as how people look at it. The rest of you, do as I said in the beginning and cut him some slack, we all have to start somewhere, and Doom Galaxy is Jeremy's start, most of us arnt instant experts at html or web design.

Guest Dream Destroyer

...and most of us don't act like our site is the best. I'm sorry, but he is asking for it. If he is just starting, then why is he acting second best to Doomworld? Sorry, but I'm not cutting him any slack, he is a immature ego freak, and deserves any flame comments he gets.

i still dont understand the concept of "slack" what is this lack you speak of? i know not of this slack. is it like that whit estuff you use after you sand wood? 2 coats and then gloss. anywho i dntn think jeremys an ego mainaic or whatever you sadi...if he was then he would deserve allt ehflames. ego mainaics are just that, maniacs. having an ego is bad enough, but trying to keep it/make it better? thats jsut plan wrong

masterhassan said:

i still dont understand the concept of "slack" what is this lack you speak of? i know not of this slack. is it like that whit estuff you use after you sand wood? 2 coats and then gloss. anywho i dntn think jeremys an ego mainaic or whatever you sadi...if he was then he would deserve allt ehflames. ego mainaics are just that, maniacs. having an ego is bad enough, but trying to keep it/make it better? thats jsut plan wrong

And peple complain about me spelling wrong.
And yes im sticking to my site becuase its unfinished. AND I DONT BACK DOWN, Ego Maniac {notice I spelled it correctly} or not.

I think you're right. Don't slam him just because he doesn't have his own server. God knows, we can't all be generously provided with a free server without restrictions by our family's software and development company. DoomGalaxy is a start. And it can be difficult to get something good going with limited resources and knowledge.

Some advice for Jeremy... You just started DoomGalaxy. Don't expect it to be raking in visitors right away. We all know that Doomworld didn't have 3000 visits a day in March of 1998. This may be a long shot, but perhaps you haven't registered your site on search engines. They won't list themselves, you know. Go to http://www.register-it.com and submit your URL to multiple search engines for free. That should help increase popularity. Another idea is create a links page. Make connections. Offer to create links for other DOOM-related sites. In exchange, they will return the favor.

Also, try to polish up your grammar and spelling a bit. Learn proper punctuation, capitalization and spelling. I'll give you some basic rules of thumb here...

Each letter of every sentence should be capitalized. So should names, such as "Ralph", "Chicago", "Neptune", "ViewSonic", and so on... All terms "I", referring to me, myself. I, I've, I'd, I'll, I'm, should all be capitalized.

Epostrophes, which are the punctuation marks which are inserted into words like "don't", "haven't", are there in place of letters which have been erased. "haven't" is equal to "have not". The letter "o" is the only letter removed. Therefore, the epostrophe goes there. It's also helpful to know these five sayings... "they're" = "they are", "there" as in "over there", "their" as in "it's their right to eat cake." "you're" = "you are", "your" as in "it's your right to eat tofu."

A couple of commonly misspelled words are "definitely", and "infinitely". They are most commonly mistakenly spelled "definiately" and "infinately". Remember, take out that "a", put in an "i" ...

When quoting sentences, the ending quotation mark should be placed <<outside>> the sentence-ending punctuation mark.. For example... "This is my last day on house arrest!" - When you quote a word, or a group of words, which do not end at the end of the sentence, the ending quotation mark should be placed >>inside<< the sentence-ending punctuation mark.. For example... "parole", "electric chair". -

I hope this helps you out!