Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevingpo

DoomLand

Guest kevingpo

Please could someone (witb a Pentium1 233MMX or above) beta test Doom2D. No, it's not a platformer nor a side-on view game. It's something hardly no one has done before in birds-eye view.

If you've played Contra (alien wars) then you'll know what I mean (esp. level 2 and level 4).

Please download the D2D.zip and beta test it for me. The controls are [CURSOR-ARROWS,R-CTRL:shoot,R-ALT:strafe] for player 2 and [W,S,A,D,L-CTRL:shoot,L-ALT:strafe] for player 1.

Also, mind the first 3 pictures as that's old Doom2d. It's the next 3 down which you should look at. Look at those strafing plasmas splashing against the wall <yummy>

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/kevingpo/doom2d.htm

PS: you need Windows 95> and at least DirectX 6

Guest Doom4Ever

i tried doom2d and i had a problem with respawning a dead marine. after 1 person died i had to exit and start over again. plus i think its stupid that you have to use the numerical keypad to switch weapons.

Guest kevingpo

I'm terribly sorry about that. To respawn you just press the FIRE key for your player. Also, you should use the LEFT player (which uses the top number keys) if you don't like the numeric pad.

Yeah I know it's kinda stupid using the numeric pad for weapon selection, but the whole idea of Doom2d was deathmatching on a 386 16MHz on 1 PC. (well, DOSDoom2d).

Plus, if you can't get anywhere, just press your FIRE button many times. Esp. if both players start on the same spot!

Guest kevingpo

I'm working on the blockmap algorithm (from scratch - I couldn't read the Doom sourcecode).

Do you think Doom2d looks better diagonal-view or bird's-eye-view? Right now it should be bird's-eye-view but it's using diagonal-view players. I could change it.

I'll implement more players on one PC + network support.

kevingpo said:

I'm terribly sorry about that. To respawn you just press the FIRE key for your player. Also, you should use the LEFT player (which uses the top number keys) if you don't like the numeric pad.

Yeah I know it's kinda stupid using the numeric pad for weapon selection, but the whole idea of Doom2d was deathmatching on a 386 16MHz on 1 PC. (well, DOSDoom2d).

Plus, if you can't get anywhere, just press your FIRE button many times. Esp. if both players start on the same spot!

Make floors. Remake the doom marine. Take silly text off guns.
That would make it more profetional

Guest kevingpo

Thank you for testing my Doom2d.

It's still heavily under construction at the moment. For a person like me I should have got floors, blockmap, texturing, etc done by now. I'm a bit busy with a ton of work from 3rd year university. But I'll get Doom2d done soon as possible.

The text, etc were just for debugging mode. It is annoying, I know. I'll replace them with a nice graphical HUD.