Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doom4Ever

doom beta

Guest Doom4Ever

i was wondering if anyone else has had the chance to look at the doom alpha and beta vertions of doom at the doomworld shareware page. its pretty weird but what i found especially facinating was in the very last one, where it finally start to look like doom, when you use the bfg (have to cheat to get it) it shoots out a swarm of fire and plasma. i know this was how it was originally gonna be (i read the bfg faq) and i had to see it for myself. by the way, when i put in the cheats like iddqd and idkfa they didnt work. instead i had to push enter and then i pushed c which allowed noclip and q allowed invinceability. then i tried to get all weapons and no button did it so i started hitting every key randomly and it worked. then i wanted to turn off no clipping so i pushed c and it didnt work, and after i ran out of ammo for my bfg i couldnt do that cheat either, and restarting the game dont work either. so if anyone can figure out how to get the cheats to work in this "pre-beta" that would be apreciated. also as a fan of doom i am very relived that they didnt stick with their ideas that where in the alpha. the pistol was replaced with a wussie rifle and the fist was replaced with the bayonnet at the end of the rifle. these are futureistic space marines not british redcoats.

That beta was pretty neat...And scary at the same time. But sorry, dont know the codes either..

Guest David A

You know that MBF has support for the alphas, right? :)

Guest Doom4Ever
Jeremy said:

That beta was pretty neat...And scary at the same time. But sorry, dont know the codes either..

hey i fiqured out those cheats. they only work for the very bottom one though (the one that actually looks like doom). ok for no clip push enter and then press n then c making shure that you have n relased before you press c. now for god mode, and i know this sounds redicoulous but its the only way i can get it to work 100 percent of the time , press, in this order, qazwsxedcrfvt. when you hit t it works. for all ammo press in this order qazwsxedcrfvtgbyhnujmik,o. when you hit o it works. wait till you see the bfg, it is wickid. it shoots a milion fire and plasma balls and you can turn it while it is shooting so it hits people all around you! make shure when you push enter to do the cheats the thing just says TO and not TO ALL because it wont work then. have fun and keep dooming

Guest doomgod12345

i wish the beta wads would work with the new ports, like the cool HUD that was in the alpha, and the original guns, also the imp fire balls moved faster and hit harder i think. but seeing that it is pre v1.666 i dont think it works with any i know of

Guest Doom4Ever

yeah that hud was pretty cool.

Guest Doom4Ever
David A said:

You know that MBF has support for the alphas, right? :)

whats MBF?

Guest David A

look in the ports section.

Guest Doom4Ever

i cant find it in the ports section just tell me what mbf means

Guest David A

Marine's Best Friend, Lee Killough's Doom port. It has support for the alphas and lets you use their weapons in "real" Doom levels too.

doomgod12345 said:

i wish the beta wads would work with the new ports, like the cool HUD that was in the alpha, and the original guns, also the imp fire balls moved faster and hit harder i think. but seeing that it is pre v1.666 i dont think it works with any i know of

If there's anyone out there running Unix, and they can extract the Alpha v0.4 maps using Yadex, then I can add the maps, flats and textures to my AlphaGuns for a complete Doom Alpha conversion. Just send me the raw output from Yadex and I can do the rest.

For those who don't know, AlphaGuns is for both Doom and Doom II and includes:

A DeHackEd patch and WAD (sprites, graphics, sky textures and sound) simulating the Doom Alpha v0.4. Includes all the weapons, powerups, health, ammo, artifacts, etc. Also includes partially functioning "prototype" weapons based on the Press-release Beta weapons not found in Doom Alpha v0.4.

It's 265KB and you can get it from here:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/combos/alpha04g.zip

Doom4Ever said:

hey i fiqured out those cheats. they only work for the very bottom one though (the one that actually looks like doom). ok for no clip push enter and then press n then c making shure that you have n relased before you press c. now for god mode, and i know this sounds redicoulous but its the only way i can get it to work 100 percent of the time , press, in this order, qazwsxedcrfvt. when you hit t it works. for all ammo press in this order qazwsxedcrfvtgbyhnujmik,o. when you hit o it works. wait till you see the bfg, it is wickid. it shoots a milion fire and plasma balls and you can turn it while it is shooting so it hits people all around you! make shure when you push enter to do the cheats the thing just says TO and not TO ALL because it wont work then. have fun and keep dooming

Ha, well you did hit the right keys eventually ;)

The cheat codes for the Doom Press Release (pre-beta) are:

tst: GOD mode
eek: toggle automap between modes
amo: all keys, weapons, ammo and armour
nc: No Clipping mode (walk through walls)