• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheProphet

German article about CSDoom

I just found an article about CSDoom on a German Linux site:

http://www.pro-linux.de/spiele/csdoom.html

The author compares Cacos to "flying tomatoes" and writes "DooM" instead of Doom, but besides that it's a nice text, in case you understand German :-)

My personal impression is that the article is rather bad. It's written so naive :|
"(WAD steht für "Where's All Data??")" Where did he get that from?

Might have been from the doom bible or five years of doom- its true you see :P

Yeah, could be. However, this if from The Unofficial Doom Specs 1.666: "The starting point is the concept of "WAD". It is not an acronym, it just means a collection of data."

Since i'm swedish and not native german my impression might be different from you other guy's but i actually find the article rather good :)

I find that the article really makes the reader curious and thinking about whether to try it out while still have alot of correct info :)

boris said:

Yeah, could be. However, this if from The Unofficial Doom Specs 1.666: "The starting point is the concept of "WAD". It is not an acronym, it just means a collection of data."

Tom Hall says in the Doom Bible that it means "Where's All the Data?" so actually the Germans are right and you are wrong. BURNED!!!!!!!!!11111111

Oh well, shame on me. However, since you said "the Germans are right and you are wrong" I'm both right and wrong ;)

bitstate said:

Since i'm swedish and not native german my impression might be different from you other guy's but i actually find the article rather good :)

I find that the article really makes the reader curious and thinking about whether to try it out while still have alot of correct info :)

I think so, too. Of course, if you are experienced with Doom, the text doesn't tell you anything you don't already know, but if you don't have much to do with the Doom community (or even don't know there is one), you get a lot of useful and interesting information.

Guest RvB

Hi ...

uuh ... thanks to all for your feedback ;) ... nice to hear that you like my article :)

and ... it was NOT written for people who play DooM daily, i wrote it as an information for people who are interested in games on linux and who want to learn more about doom ...

i wonder what is wrong when I compare cacos with flying tomatoes ... *G* ... i think it is a good compare for people who don't know what cacos are. ;)

bye
RvB