Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ahab

Something wrong here

Guest Ahab

I got Doom 2 the other day! Only thing is when I downloaded and tried to run ZDoom or DoomGL I got the message that I didn't have an IWAD, whatever that may be. Can somebody tell me what's wrong here?

Guest doomgod12345

the IWAD is the file called doom2.wad, put it in the directory with zdoom and it should work

You may have to update your iwad version to 1.9. You can get the patches to do this right here on Doomworld.

Guest Daemoneon

Or, if you like the idea of using Doom Legacy, run the LAUNCHER.EXE file, and then you can tell it where the path is for your doom/doom2/final_doom Iwads, that way you won't have to waste space by having these rather large files in multiple directories.

Guest Ahab

Tried what you said. And it worked. And I must say, DoomGL is extremely good looking. And the abilty to look up or downis quite cool too, although you still see just two-dimensional sprites. I downloaded and tried ZDoom yesterday, nothing very special but I do like the ability to turn on Infinte Ammo so you don't have keep typing IDFA OR IDKFA repeatedly. Thanks, guys! I owe ya!

Guest Heresiarch
doomgod12345 said:

the IWAD is the file called doom2.wad, put it in the directory with zdoom and it should work

Hey Ahab, where did you get DooM 2?!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Ahab

Where did I get Doom 2? Well if you have any friends they might have it. That's where I got it.

Guest Ahab
Heresiarch said:

Hey Ahab, where did you get DooM 2?!!!!!!!!!!

i got Doom 2 off of one of my friends. He got Doom 2 back when it was new.