Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NEOsephiroth

should i go back to doom

Guest NEOsephiroth

recently ive been geting bord of quake2 then i moved back 2 quake 1 then ive found myself playing DOOM

ive noticed something with doom vrs the other "newer" first person shooters" 1 it actuly runs. ive had quake3 in my shelf collecting dust since march(got it for my birthday) and im still not able to play it coze my computer is to slow. seems i need to pay like 300$$ to upgrade IM NOT MADE OF MONEY and i see doom runs perfectly

second no blocky polygons (since doom is sprite related it dont need polygonl images)

and with zdoom hear i can have freelook,tcp-ip,skins yaaaa

i think ill start makin levels for doom again

Guest NEOsephiroth

ya did i meanchon i was part of quake/quake2 playing quake2 for over 5 mounths can get a bit boring and since the quake2 clan i was in brock up (as my name sugests) ive been wondering for some maltiplayer gaming

Guest Daemoneon

Yeah, I agree completely. I have Quake II, which I moved to after I beat HL Op4 for, like, the 20th time (too bad it's such a short mod, but the multiplay capabilities keep me coming back). After beating Quake II and its mission packs, and fooling around with the stupid bots that came with the Extremites Netpack (I buy games in bulk: boxed sets are my specialty), I moved backwards to Quake and its mission packs. You have to listen to track 9 on the Quake Mission Packs CD, it's just too cool. Use it for any fast-paced level and you'll see what I mean.
Anyway, after that, I started playing Ultimate Doom again, I went for 2 hours straight without looking away from the screen. Lights out, volume high, drapes closed, I was entranced, just the same as I was the first time I played it.
The ability for a game as old as it is to hold onto people's attention is a major indicator of its positive (really?) impact on society as a whole. No matter how violent you could say Doom is, you could not deny that it brings us all together just to talk about it, and I'd doubt that we would be talking to each other in the way we do if Doom didn't exist.

No don't waste your time, go play halflife instead, it rocks :)

Oh but hit doomworld everyday yeah.

Actually, this maybe the wrong place to ask people whether or not you should go back to doom. Most would answer 'yes'.

Go ahead, make levels. I did!