Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ahab

Hey! Wait a minute! I think I see something..

Guest Ahab

Do any of you have a SNES emulator? I do and I have Doom for it and it is almost exactly like PC Doom, except the graphics are crappier and the sound's not as good among other things. But try it if you've never played SNES Doom or you just don't a Super Nintendo.

Guest Daemoneon

Well, I must sadly say that I don't like that port at all, and it is just that, a port. If you're going to play a Doom port, look for an Atari Jaguar (remember that? 64-bit processing years before N64 was uttered from the retarded mouths of Nintendo) emulator. I'm sure there's some out there, there's Apple 68k emulators, IIgs, IIe, and other retarded emulators, so there had damned-well better be one, or I will personally do nothing and just whine and complain (being truthful is so much fun). But Jaguar Doom was totally awesome: you had the 0-9 keypad, so you could pick your weapon without cycling, just like in the computer version, and you had great graphics and resolution. The Jaguar was THE FPS machine of its day. Too bad it was made by Atari, therefore it was destined to fail, just like the 5200, 7800, Lynx, and every feeble weak "computer" Atari ever made. But, getting back to emulation, it is a great way to keep elderly (read: came out 8 years ago) gaming systems and their wonderful games from dying a horrible futile death. Anyone that complains that emulation ruins the gaming industry should realize that it is quite difficult to get an Atari 2600 (the only good system they ever produced), a SEGA Genesis (easily done, but the good games are all gone, instead they had lots of copies of Virtua Fighter), etc. What I'm getting at is someday there will be an OS that requires an emulator of the Windows Build so you can run Half-Life, Unreal Tournament and Quake III Arena. And it won't be be perfect, so there'll be bugs (over and above anything the games would have normally) but no one will care because it will bring back the memories and fun they had when they first played it. Oh, yeah, and I use ZSNES.

The only console ports that were better than the snes version were for the playstation and jaguar. The rest of 'em sucked donkey balls. Especially the 3do version. (Doom64 doesn't count because it was essentially a different game imo)