Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man'O'war

In a big open space!

Which enemy is hardest to kill in an open space with the selected weapon?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which enemy is hardest to kill in an open space with the selected weapon?

• Cybie with rl and 50 ammo
    • Revenent with sb shotty
    • baron of hell with chaingun
    • PE with sb shotty
    • chaingunner with pistol

i think that the revenent is hardest to kill because i HATE those damn missiles that come from it, especially when they home in on you. cybie, if you're good enough, then you could strafe around it and blast its head off with rockets!

Doom II Guy said:

I suppose you didn't catch my sarcasm
EDIT: Whoops, I thought you said "Why DID you vote for it"

read more carefully next time ;)

Baron of Hell with a Chaingun is easy. Just keep firing and watch for the green plasma they throw at you.

What about Archie with db shotty?

Man'O'war said:

thats really hard!

I'd say it boils down to counting on your luck alone (and damn are you pushing your luck far!).

PEs - you're not just fighting one creature, but several, and in the time it takes to kill the PE, it will have spawned a nasty swarm of Lost Souls.

As for the Vile with d/b shotty, you'd have to get in close. With no cover, he'll fry you in the space of a few seconds.

All choices in the poll are piss easy. Archvile would be hard indeed. Other than archvile and SM (or an horde of chaingunners/shotgunners), any Doom enemy is very easy as long as you have enough space.

PE's are piss easy if you've got some cover.
Just wait until it gets close, pop out of hiding like a troll in a box and smack it in the face with the db, move back behind cover and repeat - simple.

dsm said:

PE's are piss easy if you've got some cover.
Just wait until it gets close, pop out of hiding like a troll in a box and smack it in the face with the db, move back behind cover and repeat - simple.

yeah, but this is in an open space. no pillars

DooMBoy said:

Baron of Hell with a Chaingun is easy. Just keep firing and watch for the green plasma they throw at you.

why buy a strategy guide when you have doomboy? ;)

Man'O'war said:

yeah, but this is in an open space. no pillars

A simple solution to bagging the PE: Run up close to it (there must be no space between you and the PE) and slap it with the db until it surrenders its souls (hehe), as soon as it dies, move away - Simple.

Archvile64 said:

MANCUBUSES.

Stop it, damn you. I don't want to see yet another thread go to Hell because of this stupid Mancubi, Manbuses shit.

gatewatcher said:

why buy a strategy guide when you have doomboy? ;)

Heh. :)
Anyway, Barons are just nice wide targets most of the time. Just don't let'em go in close, or you're done for unless you've got a Plasma Rifle or BFG.
From a distance they are easy to beat. Just keep firing whatever gun you've got and strafe so as not to get hit by their green plasma stuff. The thing is, they've got 1000 HP so they can take a frigload of damage.
Oh, and that plasma HURTS when it smacks you. ;)

the reason i didn't include archvile is because i knew it would win. i wanted a fair battle. omg!!! i forgot to include the mancubus! damnit

DooMBoy said:

Stop it, damn you. I don't want to see yet another thread go to Hell because of this stupid Mancubi, Manbuses shit.

It's my brother's thread, I really don't care. :P