Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom II Guy

What's Your DM Name?

Alright, it's probably been asked a lot of times but so far I have played two people from these forums. Mine is "Nimrod", and I suck, very badly. It doesn't help any that I have AOL and it lags quite terribly. Anyway...
Doom II Guy - Nimrod
Spike - Spike
Gatewatcher - Poop
Any more?

primarily either Bluntman-c! or Just Blunt-c!

but as of late i have used the nick 'taco' on zdaemon.

other nicks i have used in the past include 'will', 'ledbetter', 'assman', 'sexiest doomer'... but i havent used any of those nicks in a good while, most of them were from when i first started dm'ing a few years ago.

Mine's Lord FlatHead. I hang around on Doom Connector regularly, and YOU should too. It kinda sucks that there's 2000 registered users and only 10 or so online whenever I log in. I'd like to take on some of you lads sometime.

MaTT [TiK] but I haven't been dooming much in the last few weeks.

Yeah, it's a shame Doom Connector is so unused. I'd use it all the time if it had more regular users, and I suppose that's why most other doomers don't use it. If it suddenly had a rush of users one day, I bet it'd stay popular from then on.

Doom II Guy said:

I just downloaded Doom Connector, but with all these warnings I'm hesitant of installing it.

Doom Connector is fine, it's just pot luck if there is anyone on when you go on, with my GMT+1 time there's no one there most of my time

Well, I'll just stick with ZDaemon then. Anywho, I saw you on last night fodders, but the screen was shaking so I couldn't play :(

Doom II Guy said:

Well, I'll just stick with ZDaemon then. Anywho, I saw you on last night fodders, but the screen was shaking so I couldn't play :(

Laughter?

Doom II Guy said:

Need to get a better connection, son.

fodders said:

Doom Connector is fine, it's just pot luck if there is anyone on when you go on, with my GMT+1 time there's no one there most of my time

Can't they invent some kind of sun simulator so that the whole could be in the same timezone? :(

MaTT [TiK] said:

Can't they invent some kind of sun simulator so that the whole could be in the same timezone? I get the same problem with GMT :(

No I love it that for an American to know what time it is, he FIRST has to know what time it is in Britain :)

My DM screen name is.... wait for it... Lizardcommando. I'm usually on Doom Connector, but since I have a crappy 56k, I don't play DM games much, I just chat. If you see me, say hi.

fodders said:

No I love it that for an American to know what time it is, he FIRST has to know what time it is in Britain :)

Heh, yeah :D

Lizardcommando said:

since I have a crappy 56k, I don't play DM games much, I just chat.

You shouldn't let that get in the way. I only have a 56k connection as well, and DM games do lag a lot, but they're still fun.

Just plain old A Fluffy Teddy, but alot of people also know me as Lord Malevolent, though i dont use that name anymore now.

Fluffy teddy has stuck and i keep the same name for frag stats and also so that the doom community knows who i am. I dont like chopping and changing names, its bad really, best to stick to one, itll gain you more respect too. What i mean by that is that it shows yur not ashamed to enter a game and get beat with everyone knowing for certain its you.

And doom connector is cool, well if i can grab a cable user to host, and alot of DC users are cable owners. Luckily for me, im only 56k so i need a cable user to host.

The only time ive seen alot of users is about 1-2 am UK time, and the later- or earlier- it gets, the more players. So any insomniac UK players out there, go on DC in the early hours

His Flufiness the Tedster, ruler of all things fluffy.

I'm often online around those times. I sometimes play Doom then, but mainly CS. I've never checked DC around then - only at times when there's only 0-3 people on it. I'll have to meet you on there some time Fluff.

I've changed my above post (the one that fod quoted - you might notice that his quotation is different to the actual post now) because I realised it's not GMT at the moment at all. I completely forgot it was BST and wondered why fodders said GMT+1. Sorry I'm so dumb.

yeh ill play on DC wi you sometime matt, we can find a cable user to host a cool wad. The most players ive seen on is bout 10, and thats alot on DC :-)

On DC just select game as ZDoom, you will not need anyone to host a server, you will be peer to peer

Yeah, that'd be quite easy. Actually you can have quite a fast game on ZDaemon with a 56k host if you limit the connections to 2. But, it'd be better in ZDoom I think. Do you have ZDoom, Fluffy?