Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Davidoom

how do i play WADs?

If it's Doom2 run doom2.exe -file nameofwad.wad
It's cool that you love Becs, is that David Beckham the Manchester United football player?

When launching a Wad, you will need to first type the name of the Exe file that you will be using to launch your wad. If you are just using the regulary doom2.exe that comes with the game, then you will first type "Doom2" then always after you type:
-FILE then the name of the wad. You must also include the path of the wad if it is not in the same directory as the doom2.exe.

EXAMPLE: doom2 -file name.wad
EXAMPLE: doom2 -file c:\doom\doomwads\name.wad

The first example is for a wad that is in the same directory as the doom2.exe and the second is for a wad that is in a differant directory. Now if you are using a differant Exe file like JDOOM, ZDOOM, LEGACY, EDGE32, MBF, SMMU, etc... Then instead of typing "doom2 -file name.wad" you would type something like
"legacy -file name.wad". Sometimes there may be more than one Exe or a batch that runs it, so make sure you know which one runs doom2. Now if you want to use Parameters also to launch your wads, then you type those after you have specified the wad that you are running.

EXAMPLE: "doom2 -file name.wad -warp 06 -skill 4 -fast

thanx a lot dudes! that helped great!!!

bec...she's my cute girlfriend i love her dearly along with my copies of DOOM...