Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
loser

Toughest Doom/Doom2 Enemy?

Hi all,

I just thought it would be interesting to vote on which is the toughest enemy to beat in Doom/Doom2. Anyway if y'all think it's a dumb idea then let's just forget it.

BTW, my personal "favorite" is the Renevant. Hate that guy... So damn fast and I'm so damn lame.

Guest cacoman

well ive always hated the reventer but the worst hardest most enoying enemy is the arch vile man those guys are just lame. man that flamn is almost unevodible and more worse then that he respawns other enemys. shure the two bosses are tuff but thay have weaknesses this guy has very low weaknesses

Guest Lurmy

Haven't we done this before? Oh well.

I really hate the muther F*cking archviles, It's not the bringin bak dead monsters thing that bothers me, but that anoying fire attck that duz like, 40 damage and iz really hard to dodge.
BTW, I don't think revenants are that hard at all, even wit that evil homing missile thing. Just strafe like you're on crack.

cacoman said:

well ive always hated the reventer but the worst hardest most enoying enemy is the arch vile man those guys are just lame. man that flamn is almost unevodible and more worse then that he respawns other enemys. shure the two bosses are tuff but thay have weaknesses this guy has very low weaknesses

When I am doing a speedrun of a map, Pain Elementals bug me the most. If I don't have a gun higher than shotgun, they mess up my time good, pooping out skulls like mad. In most levels, you don't face an arch-vile until you at least have a super shotgun, and then they are not hard... 50% of the time they flinch from a ssg shot.

Guest Lament

Spider Mastermind is the only one whom you can't kill just standing in front of him and shooting. But he's pretty easy :)
And under certain conditions I also hate chaingunners. They're usually pretty lame, but sometimes they can cause a lot of trouble :)

An enemy spawner with no Romero head and no end of the level sidedef is the hardest enemy...

Lament said:

Spider Mastermind is the only one whom you can't kill just standing in front of him and shooting. But he's pretty easy :)
And under certain conditions I also hate chaingunners. They're usually pretty lame, but sometimes they can cause a lot of trouble :)

Misuse of chaingun dudes can very easily make a level totally unplayable.

Guest DSoD-Hellfire

uhm i am basing this off of how many hits they can take and im still not sure but i cant stand cyberdemons i played a level once that had a room with 7 cyberdemons and that was pure hell

Guest RTC Marine

I reckon the arachnotron, because once you get surrounded by them your pretty much toast!(like in the level, the factory or the one with mancubuses)

Oooo, that's a toughie, seeing as how I eat Cyberdemons for breakfast (boy does that give me heartburn, too) but I'd have to say the toughest is the pain elemental, because when you try to shoot them, they launch a lost soul at you which blocks your shot. I also hate the archvile because of his flame attack and the fact that he respawns monsters, but like somebody else said, half the time he'll flinch when hit and won't roast you.

Guest Commando

It has to be the cyberdemon, one rocket and you are history.

3 categories:

*Most annoying:
Pain Elementals (and thier pretty lost souls too!)

*Dangerous in an open field:
Spiderdemon (with archvile a close second)

*Dangerous in close quarters:
Baron of hell (jus' because they usually pop up outta nowhere)

Personally, I think that the Arachnotron is pretty hard, but I really hate the Spider Mastermind! You can't dodge his shot very easy, but you can with the Cyberdemon. I also hate those half-invisible Spectres that come up and bite you out of nowhere.
However, my most hated enemy would be the Cacodemon. They are not really all that hard, but when you have the difficulty on Ultra Violence, and there are about 6 or 7 and you don't have anything higher than a Super Shotgun with 12 shells, they are pretty hard!

I own DooM!!

Guest cacoman

well the pain eliminators are pritty esay with a chain gun /plasma launcher / chain saw i mean if you keep hitting him fast enuf then you can kill him without him attaking once this is the same with many other monsters except for a select few like the archvil and the two bosses

Guest aantonv
RTC Marine said:

I reckon the arachnotron, because once you get surrounded by them your pretty much toast!(like in the level, the factory or the one with mancubuses)

The toughest enemy in all Dooms is DOOMBOT! :)