Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RTC Marine

Let us pray

Guest RTC Marine

it seems that crono's dad has had cancer for about 2 years & crono said that his dad is about to pack it in (in other words,
give up & die!) so let us pray:
"God, can you make crono's dad better? it would make crono less despressed & more cheerfull. so thank you god, amen."

any submissions? please put here, they would be appreciated! :)

Guest God of Damn

Let's just turn all of our hospitals into churches and we'll pray instead of giving people medical attention. Or better yet we'll just post prayers in the a "DOOM" forum instead.

Get off your knees, he is as good as dead.

Guest Templar

God is not real dude
hes kinda like Santa

Guest God of Damn

Christian God = Megalo Saint Nick

Did you notice that Santa is Satan with the N moved to the end.
I wrote a report for school about why Santa is the Devil a couple years ago. But uh that wasn't a good idead...

Guest RTC Marine

well, guess what? you guys are fucked! if you guys are cults or some other screwed up religion (that includes athiests) well then your fucked!

Well, let's hope that some miracle happens and he gets better, I don't care what you weirdos think, praying is like gift giving, it doesn't matter whether it works or not, it's the thought that counts. Well, if crono's dad ends up going to hell, I'd be happy to go grab my BFG and go rescue him, if that will make him less depressed and more cheerful.

Guest God of Damn
RTC Marine said:

well, guess what? you guys are fucked! if you guys are cults or some other screwed up religion (that includes athiests) well then your fucked!

Nah, I hate religions, cults, Christians, Goths, White Sheep, Black Sheep, Sheep all together really, praying, etc...

And no I'm not fucked, Santa still gives me presents, so that means I've been a "GOOD" boy.

Guest Lurmy
Templar said:

God is not real dude
hes kinda like Santa

Templar speeks the trooth!

Isn't it like, every hundred years the christians say gods gonna come back andthen go "ohhhh it was the next millenium stoopid us"

Guest prets
God of Damn said:

Nah, I hate religions, cults, Christians, Goths, White Sheep, Black Sheep, Sheep all together really, praying, etc...

And no I'm not fucked, Santa still gives me presents, so that means I've been a "GOOD" boy.

while i am agnostic (which means i neither believe in God (or any other deity, for that matter) nor believe he isn't there), i DO know that the power of the mind is great. if u believe something hard enough, it ends up happening (may i show u an example: some years ago, a group of ppl, all with the same illness, were divided in two subgroups. both groups were given sugar pellets. while the doctors said the pellets wee a rather powerful medicine to one group, they said it was a experimental drug, with not so well knonw results, to the other. the first group showed significant recovery, while the second did not show such a great recovery). there are too many abilities from our minds we do not know, let alone know how to tap them, but we sure can make things happen. THE THOUGHT COUNTS, AS LONG AS IT'S HEARTFELT.

pheww. that was a big post. flame me at will, i don't give a fuck. your dad has my thoughts on him, crono

RTC Marine said:

God is a fantasy. The Bible is a work of fiction. Religion is an opiate of the masses.

You sir, are the one who is fucked.

Guest God of Damn
prets said:

while i am agnostic (which means i neither believe in God (or any other deity, for that matter) nor believe he isn't there), i DO know that the power of the mind is great. if u believe something hard enough, it ends up happening (may i show u an example: some years ago, a group of ppl, all with the same illness, were divided in two subgroups. both groups were given sugar pellets. while the doctors said the pellets wee a rather powerful medicine to one group, they said it was a experimental drug, with not so well knonw results, to the other. the first group showed significant recovery, while the second did not show such a great recovery). there are too many abilities from our minds we do not know, let alone know how to tap them, but we sure can make things happen. THE THOUGHT COUNTS, AS LONG AS IT'S HEARTFELT.

pheww. that was a big post. flame me at will, i don't give a fuck. your dad has my thoughts on him, crono

Ya it's called psy·cho·so·mat·ic.

There is allot of instances that this will show up. For example, someone could take a certain drug to help with a problem they have. After awhile they won't have the problem anymore, but they still say they need the pill or they get sick (mental addiction). So the Doc starts giving them a pill that look like that one, and they feel better. And when I'm drunk I like to smoke allot, I always feel like a need a smoke, so sometimes I just hold one and it will go away.

Now those people don't think they need the pill because of anyone elses thoughts, and I don't need that smoke because of someone elses thoughts. Somatic things are caused by that person, and that person alone. Naturally if you keep your mind healthy and strong, and think you are going to pull through, then you will have a much better chance. Depressed people get sick easier, your mental health effects your physical health as well.

Guest God of Damn
Lurmy said:

Templar speeks the trooth!

Isn't it like, every hundred years the christians say gods gonna come back andthen go "ohhhh it was the next millenium stoopid us"

Ya just look at our history, people used religions to control people like we use Santa to control our kids into being Good boys and girls. When the churches had power they used superstition to control people. Thank god our churches now don't have that kind of authority or they would be turning us into there perfect lil dolls.

Guest RTC Marine
God of Damn said:

Ya it's called psy·cho·so·mat·ic.

There is allot of instances that this will show up. For example, someone could take a certain drug to help with a problem they have. After awhile they won't have the problem anymore, but they still say they need the pill or they get sick (mental addiction). So the Doc starts giving them a pill that look like that one, and they feel better. And when I'm drunk I like to smoke allot, I always feel like a need a smoke, so sometimes I just hold one and it will go away.

Now those people don't think they need the pill because of anyone elses thoughts, and I don't need that smoke because of someone elses thoughts. Somatic things are caused by that person, and that person alone. Naturally if you keep your mind healthy and strong, and think you are going to pull through, then you will have a much better chance. Depressed people get sick easier, your mental health effects your physical health as well.

Well ive never believed in santa anyway or any other fictional character (that includes the easter bunny) i knew it was my mum and dad all along putting presents under the tree & giving me easter eggs. i found this out when i was about five (all by my self, no, my parents didnt tell me).

Guest RTC Marine

well if you havent got anything nice to say... DONT say it!

Guest Dream Destroyer
RTC Marine said:

Athesim isn't a religion. It's the lack of a religion. We believe in nothing. And if you believe we are fucked, that's fine. But we don't need some arrogent bastard shoving biblical facts in our face. We know them. Most Atheists were originally heavy Christians. Including me, I used to read the bible. It's bullshit, but I'm not going to force it in your face. So leave me alone, and I'll do the same.

Guest Dream Destroyer
RTC Marine said:

Your soooo good at setting examples there buddy.

Templar said:

God is not real dude
hes kinda like Santa

I don't mind you saying God is not real, that's a matter for a person to resolve themselves as they grow up, but to ruin Duke Nukems Christmas by saying there's no Santa beggers belief :)

Dream Destroyer said:

Your soooo good at setting examples there buddy.

Actually, he is cuz he's not forcing anything. But I think the opposite of most people - it takes a lot of ignorance to figure that "the earth just happened." <-- That's really funny. It's like, if you ever talk to some of those kids who are convinced Santa is real and you ask them how he gets to every house in the world at exactly 12:00, and how he knows for a fact you've been good and so on, and they just kinda sit there like "duhhhhh..."

Guest Dream Destroyer

There is a difference between not knowing something, and admiting it, and not knowing something, and covering it up with lies.

And if the next words in your reply are: "Yeah but if you" then you are admiting to being gay.

Update: Wow, I can't believe it!

Arioch said:

God is a fantasy. The Bible is a work of fiction. Religion is an opiate of the masses.You sir, are the one who is fucked.

God will get you for that

Lüt said:

That's really funny. It's like, if you ever talk to some of those kids who are convinced Santa is real and you ask them how he gets to every house in the world at exactly 12:00, and how he knows for a

Santa has NEVER said he gets to every house at 12:00

Dream Destroyer said:

There is a difference between not knowing something, and admiting it, and not knowing something, and covering it up with lies.

And if the next words in your reply are: "Yeah but if you" then you are admiting to being gay.

Update: Wow, I can't believe it!

DIE

fodders said:

Santa has NEVER said he gets to every house at 12:00

Well dammit, he did for everybody else I know!

So now let's try how does he end up in every mall in the U.S. on the same day at the same time? HUH??

Guest Dream Destroyer
Lüt said:

DIE

Yes you can. We don't know what causes spontanious human combustion, but I can say, "Well, it definately isn't Elvis."

See, I don't understand something, yet I know some things it definately isn't.

Lüt said:

So now let's try how does he end up in every mall in the U.S. on the same day at the same time? HUH??

They ain't the REAL Santa's ya fool get a grip :) The REAL Santa has helpers, and ok I accept a lot of then may be paedophiles but they are doing some good by helping Santa in return for getting little kids to sit on their lap, where's the harm in that? :)

Guest God of Damn
fodders said:

God will get you for that

God will get you for that? I never knew your God was out to get anyone.

Guest NiCoTiNe

Jesus Christ!

All this guy asked for is that we all hope and "pray" that crono's dad get's better, no-one asked for a ridiculously over-discussed debate on the existance of god and santa.

Oh yeah, and if any of you believe in the theory of evolution, then well, god dammit you must be gullable and ignorant.

amoeba-&gt;fish-&gt;fish w/legs-&gt;monkey WHAT THE FUCK? how does that work?

Guest Templar
RTC Marine said:

Well ive never believed in santa anyway or any other fictional character (that includes the easter bunny) i knew it was my mum and dad all along putting presents under the tree & giving me easter eggs. i found this out when i was about five (all by my self, no, my parents didnt tell me).

yeah well your parents made you believe in 'god' too

Guest fraggle`
God of Damn said:

Let's just turn all of our hospitals into churches and we'll pray instead of giving people medical attention. Or better yet we'll just post prayers in the a "DOOM" forum instead.

Get off your knees, he is as good as dead.

I agree totally with the post above. What the hell are you people doing? This person just asked that you pray for his friends dad who might die, he didnt ask for some kind of religious debate. If you arent religious (and I'm not) then just say that you wish him the best luck. Whether you believe in God or not, this is neither the time nor place for this kind of bickering.

NiCoTiNe said:

Jesus Christ!

All this guy asked for is that we all hope and "pray" that crono's dad get's better, no-one asked for a ridiculously over-discussed debate on the existance of god and santa.

Oh yeah, and if any of you believe in the theory of evolution, then well, god dammit you must be gullable and ignorant.

amoeba-&gt;fish-&gt;fish w/legs-&gt;monkey WHAT THE FUCK? how does that work?

Personally, I think that if you _don't_ believe in the theory of evolution you must be gullible and ignorant.

Evolution is basic biology. Did you fail it at school or something?

Things change through evolution because something either accidentally or deliberately (I'm no biologist, so I don't quite understand this myself) goes wrong with their genes, making them better than the rest of their species.

The mutant may prove to be better than others in its species (e.g. better at surviving in extreme climates, faster at running, or whatever), and if so they have a better chance of survival, and thus the rest of the species without that mutation start to die out, and the ones with the mutation start to thrive.

Of course at the same time, throughout the world, there would be the same species, but in different areas different mutations would develop that helps them survive better in that particular place.

This was repeated billions of times until you get where we are today. It explains why there are animals in different parts of the world who are related yet are very different from each other, some more-so than others depending on the time they diverged from one another.

This explains the different species of monkeys/chimps/apes, horses, wild cats, elephants, etc, etc, that can be found throughout the world.

And if evolution is BS, please explain the following:

The various breeds of dogs and cats that exist. If evolution didn't exist, they'd all be the same type.

The fact that until we started farming cattle several thousand years ago, mankind were lactose intolerant, and since we started doing it, most of use are now tolerant to lactose.

The super-rats that have become immune to rat poision.

The bacteria that have become immune to anti-biotics.

In fact, if evolution (i.e. genese changing and adapting) didn't exist, every single one of us would be identical to each other, especially if you believe the story of Adam and Eve is true and we're all descended from the same two people.

Oh, and about Adam and Eve's children. One word: incest!