Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grul

Doom millenium...?

Put it this way, chances are that Doom 3 will be out before we ever get to see Millennium...

And no I don't mean that it will be for Doom 3.

Funnily enough it's basically done. Our coding guy has to send me the engine which is finished. Everything else is done. It just needs to be put together and uploaded.

I for one am just losing interest in computer games so doom related stuff is taking a back seat for me. The only time I actually play them is at my friend's when they set up a LAN and I still do ok against them :-) I still use the internet though but less than I used to. I read all the doom pages just to see what the same old people are up to.

Thankfully there is Lüt who I am relying on to package it all together :-)

Grul!! Good to have you back :) No, Millenium has not been released yet.

Guest NiCoTiNe
Chief said:

Funnily enough it's basically done. Our coding guy has to send me the engine which is finished. Everything else is done. It just needs to be put together and uploaded.

I for one am just losing interest in computer games so doom related stuff is taking a back seat for me. The only time I actually play them is at my friend's when they set up a LAN and I still do ok against them :-) I still use the internet though but less than I used to. I read all the doom pages just to see what the same old people are up to.

Me too, you can tell from my ".com.au"

Send me an e-mail if you wanna DM over the net some time...

Chief said:

Race time! Who can get their project out first?

Caverns of Darkness or Millennium?

Come on guys! Winner recieves... uh...

DooM millenium? Is that the wad by TNT? I downloaded that demo for it last year! :P
Neat concept, but it totaly confused me. {Note: my brain is small}

You're thinking of Doom 2k, Doom Millennium is a completely different project (although both have been horribly delayed).

NiGHTMARE said:

Put it this way, chances are that Doom 3 will be out before we ever get to see Millennium...

Don't say that, you could jinx the whole thing. I mean, what if that actually happens, and the guys working on Doom Millenium decide, "Hey, let's redo this project for Doom 3, it's much better than the original," and this entire vicsious delay cycle starts itself all over again. Personally, I find this entire idea extremely disturbing.

NiCoTiNe said:

Yep, I think half our team is (was?) Aussie. But not me.

NiGHTMARE said:

Not really, we have to rush since most of the mappers have threatened to release their levels on their own accord if we don't rush :P

Guest kristus
Chief said:

Cheif: This is annoying. news. GRRRRRR. RELEASE IT NOOOOOOW:

Please.

geekmarine said:

Don't say that, you could jinx the whole thing. I mean, what if that actually happens, and the guys working on Doom Millenium decide, "Hey, let's redo this project for Doom 3, it's much better than the original," and this entire vicsious delay cycle starts itself all over again. Personally, I find this entire idea extremely disturbing.

So they'd just trash 32 completed levels, hundreds of new textures, loads of new sprites, and all the MIDI music they have and start over from scratch?

I think not.

NiCoTiNe said:

If you see a modified EA Falcon tear past you it could be me!!

Where abouts in Australia anyway... I live somewhere in Melbourne...

Guest cacoman
NiGHTMARE said:

So they'd just trash 32 completed levels, hundreds of new textures, loads of new sprites, and all the MIDI music they have and start over from scratch?

I think not.

it be cool to have a TC of both doom2 and doom3
BUT wait will the source for doom 3 be relsead right away and people will have to make map editors and polygon decoderd's before other people can start making tc's and nightmear man you musta have posted like 10000 post's so far