Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

*gasp*

Hey I didn't know that Lut reviewed WADs!
Oh well, you live, you learn.

...and he's pretty hard to impress as well. If I ever released a WAD I'd try to hide it from him. :)

Lut reviewed a WAD by the name of Dark Castle, and he gave it a 8.75. Indeed! By the way he talks, you'd think this is one the best WADs ever made, and Lut says that in his review. He MUST be impressed!
Oh, by the by, deadnail, how long have you known Lut?

...long enough to know that the letter u with the ooooohmlots is done by holding alt and pressing 0252 on the keypad. Lüt is how he likes his nick I think. :)

Dark Castle, eh? Would you happen to have it handy? I've got some time to kill...

deadnail said:

...long enough to know that the letter u with the ooooohmlots is done by holding alt and pressing 0252 on the keypad.

Oh really? I do it 6-4-1. Years ago when I first found out about those goofy letters, I thought to myself "hmmm I wonder what 6-6-6 is", y'know, cuz that was all evil and stuff way back then. It's a big Ü. So I didn't find out they actually started at 0-3-2 and repeated themselves all the way up until now.

And stuff.

DooMBoy said:

Lut reviewed a WAD by the name of Dark Castle, and he gave it a 8.75. Indeed! By the way he talks, you'd think this is one the best WADs ever made, and Lut says that in his review. He MUST be impressed!
Oh, by the by, deadnail, how long have you known Lut?

Heh, I can find something wrong with [just about] anything. I guess "hard to impress" is an understatement. What really bugs me is seeing stuff that has potential but doesn't live up to it, rather than just plain crappy stuff that is going nowhere in the first place. As for recent movie examples; X-Files, The Matrix, Starship Troopers, Episode 1, American Psycho, etc. all coulda been great movies but I hated them. Uh, let's see... well there's no point wasting a few megs of Doomworld forum space crapping on about everything I've seen or heard that needs improvement, but what can I say, I've got high standards :) I started The Barnacle to review other stuff, but wouldn't you know I got a day job that practically killed that site :( Dark Castle was one of the very few challenging WADs I have played all year. It just had the right feel to it. The monster/ammo/health balance I liked the best. Atmosphere was nice too. Not perfect but pretty close. When it comes to WADs I am most picky about the architecture. I have a feeling Caverns of Darkness will be getting a big fat 10, unless it plays horribly. Based on the demo, I doubt it. I am very anxious to see that WAD.

DooMBoy said:

Hey I didn't know that Lut reviewed WADs!Oh well, you live, you learn.

Well now you know, and knowing is half the battle. GI JOE!!! (Hmm... Methinks all those years of watching Saturday morning cartoons has really screwed up my brain. Oh well, I guess it's a little too late to do anything about it now.)