Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZarcyB

About "newbies", "true doomers", etc

Guest ZarcyB

Recently I've noticed an increasing number of posts concerning "newbies". Yeah, "newbies" will undoubtably ask a lot of questions when they first post here. But think, most of you probably did the same when you first visited Doomworld. Also, it's not the "newbie"'s fault that the source port or whatever they're wantin to use doesnt have decent documentation. Yeah, I'm gonna get flamed for that ^_^

Secondly, a few months(?) ago everyone was doing kinda the same thing about "true doomers". What is a true doomer? The way I see it, there are no "true" Doomers. Someone who has played every single Doom TC, WAD and MOD in existance is someone who really likes Doom, and personally I don't know where the phrase "True Doomer" comes from.

OK, I'm gonna get flamed, flamed for posting my opinion, but I don't care. ^_^

Oh yeah and zman, I'm having trouble with my website at the moment so you'll have to be patient. Thanx.

But when they ask things like "will ZDoom work with Doom 2?", and "what file do I run to play Boom", you KNOW they're just stupid :)

A "true Doomer" is, IMHO, simply someone who prefers Doom over any other game.

Guest zman

yo zarrcy dude
i keep seeing u posting here but u dont seem to be on the icq ...
why did u contact me if u werent serius about it ????

Guest cacoman
NiGHTMARE said:

But when they ask things like "will ZDoom work with Doom 2?", and "what file do I run to play Boom", you KNOW they're just stupid :)

"newbbes" - a person who is new to something
hmmm thats y there asking dumb ?? becoze there new to it thay dont know crap about it and there to lazy to go find the answare by them slfs so thay ask the experts for there advize

its as simple as that

Look carefully at my examples.

It says a) on the ZDoom site and b) in the ZDoom .txt file that it works in Doom 2, yet I have seen several people ask this question (and if it works in Doom 1 as well).

Boom.zip contains boom.exe. 'nuff said surely? Nope apparently not, as I've seen this question asked before, and for other ports too. Well duh.

Guest cacoman

ok so there very very very thick headed

Guest Nuno Correia

No, no, no, no. He's revolted on how some of YOU can't bother to think.

NiGHTMARE said:

I s'pose I have a high tolerance of "newbies" because of time spent as sysop of a 35 line BBS, typical examples of Doomers statements "I only have an hour to play, I will unzip Sirdoom later just start the game!"
"yeh ok i understand it needs modem init set to no compression v42 bis error correction on, i have ATZ set just start it i KNOW it will work" :)

Guest cacoman
Nuno Correia said:

No, no, no, no. He's revolted on how some of YOU can't bother to think.

why did you emfisised the word "YOU" i am not i newbee ok

you dont see me asking dumb Question's about everything

Guest Nuno Correia

You, as in all of you, but only some. Get it?

True doomers, in my opinion, know a pretty good layout of each level from doom1 and doom2.

in this matter I am a true doomer. Doom masters know where every precise secret and item is (or all secrets and the general locations of most items)

Guest DSoD-Hellfire
Nuno Correia said:

You, as in all of you, but only some. Get it?

cant we all just get along
it pains me to see people get angry just because someone is a newbie
i was a newbie once and so were you

DSoD-Hellfire said:

i was a newbie once and so were you

I think with a reg date of 18 Dec 2000 you may still be in "newbie class" :)