Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis`

What's the worst scenario for you?

Recommended Posts

Alot of times when I play pwads I gotta into tough spots where enemies you usually can't see an enemy or they surround you or something. So which one annoys you the most? I would have to say the most annoying would be when there's a chaingunner up on a ledge (one you can't see) and he's just pumping bullets into you and you can't do ONE SINGLE THING about it except try and cover yourself. But even after I do that I usually find out there are symmetrical sniper towers and I'm already dead :P What type of kills piss you off the most?

Share this post


Link to post

I hate monsters teleporting. Especially if they silently teleport right behind you, or in areas you already cleaned out.

Share this post


Link to post

Hte it when you come up a lift and there is a shitbarrel full of monsters at the top. You can't back off because there is a wall behind you and crossing the line to set the evelvator goign back down means running into the monsters.

I would quite happily kill and skin the level designers who pull this on me.

Share this post


Link to post

When four walls open simultaneously, and you get surrounded by Revenants, and they punch you to death before you can even move.

Share this post


Link to post

I hate when you're going along, having a relatively nice time, when boom!, the walls on either side of you fly up and Knights, Barons, and Cacos pour and make mincemeat out of you.
Or when you're playing some n00b's first ever WAD and he puts as many tough monsters in an open space as he can, and you're dead in about, say, five seconds. That sucks.

Share this post


Link to post

a tight, winding maze with painful floors, and having demons block you off in both directions...

In dm, when a bunch of newbies are just running in circles, camping, and asking stupid questions like "what's the jump key?" or "lol, what's circle-strafe?"

Also, when bridges and walls raise, forming a small pit that you can't escape from.

Share this post


Link to post

Most annoying way to go:

When you're standing at the edge of a high point, like a
cliff, and you have to jump off the ledge ... only to find
that there are lots of monsters below with close attack
frames and you can't shoot them from the top. ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Svinet said:

Most annoying way to go:

When you're standing at the edge of a high point, like a
cliff, and you have to jump off the ledge ... only to find
that there are lots of monsters below with close attack
frames and you can't shoot them from the top. ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Ah, the joys of mouselook.

Share this post


Link to post
Insomniac said:

a tight, winding maze with painful floors, and having demons block you off in both directions...

Ratmaz21.wad

"YOURE LIKE A RAT IN A MAZE HYUK HYUK!"

Share this post


Link to post
ralphis said:

Alot of times when I play pwads I gotta into tough spots where enemies you usually can't see an enemy or they surround you or something. So which one annoys you the most? I would have to say the most annoying would be when there's a chaingunner up on a ledge (one you can't see) and he's just pumping bullets into you and you can't do ONE SINGLE THING about it except try and cover yourself. But even after I do that I usually find out there are symmetrical sniper towers and I'm already dead :P What type of kills piss you off the most?


yep...

Doom II GuyI hate the Chaingunners far off in the distance who can easily shoot and kill you, and you can barely see them, ugh.


yep...

Erik said:

distant chaingunners or too many painful floors.


...and yep.

Share this post


Link to post

Maps that have one or two really cool sights and then a tangle of endless identical boring hallways which you need to traverse several times in order to see the cool sights.

Basically: Ritenours dreaded dark tunnels.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×