Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest s999cop

Doomworld -- newbies / experienced doomers

Guest s999cop

well, i don't care who are newbies or not , even though i;ve just played for 4 months, i already love and think about alot about doom. i would even teach the newer people than me , so don't just compare or blame on the people who have questions !

besides, i just feel doomworld is not as good as i thought, quake3world has more people to post, probably the doomers sometimes too lazy to post(include me, heh)if so, who got the most reply messages to the topics ? i've just seen the most is like about 27 ? isn't

Guest Nuno Correia
s999cop said:

so don't just compare or blame on the people who have questions !

Those questions are for example, "Does ZDoom work with Doom" (most annoying case, check out the ZDoom forums). Do you think we really have to put up with that crap?

Another example: that guy, Kevin, kept asking stuff about ZDoom here. Stuff that's entirely (that I recall) described in either its homepage and read me file.

Don't tell me we have to respect and help those people - after all, they should respect us, instead.

Nuno Correia said:

Those questions are for example, "Does ZDoom work with Doom" (most annoying case, check out the ZDoom forums). Do you think we really have to put up with that crap?

Another example: that guy, Kevin, kept asking stuff about ZDoom here. Stuff that's entirely (that I recall) described in either its homepage and read me file.

Don't tell me we have to respect and help those people - after all, they should respect us, instead.

LOL! :)

Guest rworld1
Nuno Correia said:

You know, that was a real smart-ass remark. These forums are here for interaction, but half the people here get pissed if someone asks a question. Wouldn't it encourage more members if you guys just gave them the link politely and went on your way.

My two cents

I've played doom for over/about 6 or 7 years now, but im new to the forum too, been here aobut 6 months (and i was a "newbie" back then, albiet wiht neat ideas).

The "newbie" status will dissolve over time, effort, and participation. You will eventually become a person who people think has nothing to say, is hated, or is looked up to. Not in that particular order. I can say that people like deadnail and Fanatic are kinda looked up to, I cant say who has nothing to contribute because I don't know them, and I cant say who is hated because i'll get flamed (everybody and thier grandma has a flamethower behind the closet door).

I would have to guage myself between having nothing to say and being looked up to. I dont have much to say about most things, but have lots to say about some things, and I don't get on people's bad side often (rarely flames others).

Just stay on people's good side, and think deeply about what you say before you say it (because people will let you know if your comments were crap, even I say some crappy things sometimes).

And in case you didn't notice, there IS a war between the people who think doom is satanic and involves demons, and the people who think it is sci-fi and the demons are only geneticially engineered to look that way (there seem to be more pro-satanics than pro-scifi's)

rworld1 said:

These forums are here for interaction, but half the people here get pissed if someone asks a question. My two cents

You're right, it hurts no one to read (or scan if they aint interested) no one can say honestly that the 3 seconds out of their life to read a question they consider naive is gonna hurt them, they then have the choice to move on, answer or flame coz the question was naive to them, pretty baseless reason to flame