Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

A very naugty person

Hmm. Remember last year that stuff about me ripping off some of of Ola's Darkening E2/E1 textures?

Well, check out this site: http://www.grsites.com/textures

You'll find several rather familiar *ahem* looking textures, e.g. metal019.jpg on this page: http://www.grsites.com/textures/metal002.shtml

As the page also rips off a couple of Doom 2 textures, I'm inclined to believe that it was them who were the "naughty" party rather than Ola...

I don't think that's what he was trying to say. I read and re-read the post. I have no idea what he was actually trying to say! Just another cryptic/sarcastic/ironic mystery post from Nick for us all to enjoy :)

Shaviro said:

Hehe. Sorry to break it to you Nightmare, but Ola did NOT make that texture!(Metal019)

Hmm... perhaps he should have credited the original author(s) in the darkening e2 text file then...

Stphrz said:

I don't think that's what he was trying to say. I read and re-read the post. I have no idea what he was actually trying to say! Just another cryptic/sarcastic/ironic mystery post from Nick for us all to enjoy :)

No, that WAS what I was trying to say.

I just assumed that Ola wouldn't be so hypocritical to go on at me for using a few of his textures as the base for some at mine, without giving any credit, if he'd done the exact same thing to someone else.

According to Maonth, I was mistaken :(

From what I could gather from Ola's position, he would have been mad even if you had given him proper credit. I mean he didn't even want people to make levels that required the Darkening E2 wad file. I had plans to do something along those lines. But when I read the permissions section of the readme I decided against it... I still don't understand that, but I'll respect it, even though there's really nothing he could do about it.

NiGHTMARE said:

Hmm... perhaps he should have credited the original author(s) in the darkening e2 text file then...

Yeah, but i dont think he could find the original authors! :|

Because, its a map(material)[Texture] that comes with 3DStudio!

Stphrz said:

From what I could gather from Ola's position, he would have been mad even if you had given him proper credit. I mean he didn't even want people to make levels that required the Darkening E2 wad file. I had plans to do something along those lines. But when I read the permissions section of the readme I decided against it... I still don't understand that, but I'll respect it, even though there's really nothing he could do about it.

If I remember correctly, only a couple of my textures were based on a texture from the Darkening E2, the others were from the Darkening E1, which I think he would have been okay with had I given him credit.

I would have given him credit anyway had Execution not been released before any of the contributors had a chance to send Vincent Fong the details they wanted in the .txt file.

Stphrz said:

I remember being asked to beta test and do replacement demos in Execution wad (exec.wad) by Vince and as i was working on my wad at the time stole their new texture for stone they had in wad, and threatened Vince if he didnt allow me to do this, I would rush my wad out and then claim THEY had stolen it from MY wad :) baaaaad Fod :)