Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

This is just what I've heard

Guest PFCGray

Perhaps you know me as the nerd of these forums. Well anyway down to busisness. I first noticed this in a Playstation magazine about 2 years ago. The article/section was called "From Bytes to Box Office", and it listed some at the time rumored ideas for video game movies, commenting that since TV was dying out and the movie industry needed something to base movies on. Anyway some of the games there were the complete list was in this order:
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil
Doom
Duke Nukem
Wing Commander
Command and Conquer (how will they do that one?)

Obvioulsy, the third one caught my eye. The place that it was in had a CGI pic of the marine in his armor and helmet. The only real info I remember was the company that was making it (Columbia/TriStar). Also they said something about considering Tom Berenger to play the part of Fly, but to me and the mag he just seems too old (although if you look right, he looks EXACTLY like the mug in the game!) The only other guy I can think of that would fit in terms of face would be Hugh Jackman (Wolverine in the X-Men movie) He's at least the right age.

Then just about 5 months ago my friend saw this thing on E! kinda like a sneak preveiw on the movie for DOOM. He (my friend) said that it WOULD be based on the first book (exact words went something like this :"Join Fly Taggart and Arlene Sanders on an action packed sci-fi mission on the moons of Mars in DOOM: Knee-Deep in the Dead") He also said they showed some artwork for the imps, zombies, and cacodemons but said that the "2 big monsters" were a surprise. That got me goin!

What I've almost lost sleep over is the question of who's gonna play Arlene? Serioulsy, I've been thinkin of Demi Moore! In the book Arelne has a high and tight, and Demi Moore is the only girl in my book that looks good with hair that short. But then again, she's a little old to be a PFC (which is Arlene's rank).

Yet more info from that same friend who saw the E! show about the book; the only reason the first book is still in print is because of the rumor of the movie comin out. It's kinda gettin the public prepared and "in the mood" for it. The movie "Aliens" might also get people in the mood for it. Also about the first book, I've heard that if a movie does come out, the cover of "Knee-Deep in the Dead" will be replaced with the movie poster or something cover (makin the original cover, which is what I have, sort of a collectors item!)

Anyway, please don't flame me for posting this, but if anything I said is just a bunch of BS, then send me an e-mail or get me on ICQ.

Guest NiCoTiNe

Hugh Jackman? Tom Berenger? Please!

If there is going to be or ever will be a DOOM movie, NEITHER of those two guys should play the marine.

Have you ever seen that movie, "Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight"?, well, the main good guy in that would be perfect, or that big beefy marine guy in "Alien: Resurrection".

I don't think they should base a movie on the novel, they should base it on "The Story So Far..." in the original README.EXE that comes with DooM!

Previously computergame -> movie experiments haven't gone too well. I mean look at Mortal Kombat 1+2 (the first one was okay, but the sequeal -heh- the cinema's should have provided bags for us to puke in, free of charge), I just pray that they don't let the guys who did those movies handle a potential DooM movie.

Guest cacoman

not all movies that was deprived from the game are bad

the final fantasy movie thats coming out (Final Fantasy The Spirits Within) all thou this movie has a different story and all .it still carrys a lot of elements from the game and also costing squaresoft so far 100millon dalllars. i cant wait till it comes out. 1/2 year to go

o and pokemon the movie
this movie may sux big time but to the younger people 12- are thinking this movie rocks

Guest Duke Nukem

12 and under? i turned 13 01/01/01 and i havent liked pokemon for 2 years

Guest PFCGray
X-Blade said:

You need to drink more beer, son...

Maybe I should make myself more clear........IT WAS JUST WHAT I'VE HEARD AND ITS NOT THE REAL FACTS YOU FAGGOTS! Next time I'm gonna block replies from you assholes!

Guest cacoman
Duke Nukem said:

12 and under? i turned 13 01/01/01 and i havent liked pokemon for 2 years

well there are pokemon freaks out there who are are pritty old

Guest Archvile46
NiCoTiNe said:

Hugh Jackman? Tom Berenger? Please!

If there is going to be or ever will be a DOOM movie, NEITHER of those two guys should play the marine.

Have you ever seen that movie, "Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight"?, well, the main good guy in that would be perfect, or that big beefy marine guy in "Alien: Resurrection".

I don't think they should base a movie on the novel, they should base it on "The Story So Far..." in the original README.EXE that comes with DooM!

Previously computergame -> movie experiments haven't gone too well. I mean look at Mortal Kombat 1+2 (the first one was okay, but the sequeal -heh- the cinema's should have provided bags for us to puke in, free of charge), I just pray that they don't let the guys who did those movies handle a potential DooM movie.

Well, I can see where he's getting Hugh Jackman...but still, there's gotta be someone better out there.

cacoman said:

not all movies that was deprived from the game are bad

the final fantasy movie thats coming out (Final Fantasy The Spirits Within) all thou this movie has a different story and all .it still carrys a lot of elements from the game and also costing squaresoft so far 100millon dalllars. i cant wait till it comes out. 1/2 year to go

o and pokemon the movie
this movie may sux big time but to the younger people 12- are thinking this movie rocks

i love pokemon, Mewtwo stikes back was to short to develop a good plot, it was still a good movie...... some kid stole my blue and yellow versions of pokemon, grrrrrrrrrrr

Guest NiCoTiNe
PFCGray said:

Read the quote from MY post. 'If' and 'ever will be' DO NOT sound like words being used by someone who thinks that YOU are trying to present facts.

You started a post, giving your opinion and some rumors that you have heard, I understand this, and reply with WHAT I THINK.

You are truly a dumb cunt.