Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

Doom MP3s + MP2s

Hey Doomers, I have uploaded now all the Doom Music MP3s to www.newdoom.com/orbitint ! And now I have a question to you all (but Maonth!) : Download a song from Doomworld's MP2 Archive and download a song from our Music Archive! And then reply to this Forum and tell me, which of the two Musik Files sounds better!

I think it sounds better in MIDI through my soundcard then either of these, so nyaah :)

Guest PFCGray

Goddam! I downloaded just the Entryway MP3, didn't even listen to it all the way, and already I thought it was crappy as hell! No offense, but that's just my taste. The MP2's sound more like live instrumentation. It said the MP3's were recorded from Sounblaster 128; sorry to tell you this but my Riptide Wavetable Synthesizer sounds better than that (in some areas at least)! Oh well, people have different tastes, and that's just what I think.

Guest PFCGray
NiGHTMARE said:

I think it sounds better in MIDI through my soundcard then either of these, so nyaah :)

That must be one good sound card. What is it? X-Gamer?

PFCGray said:

That must be one good sound card. What is it? X-Gamer?

No, only an SB-Live. But listen to those MP2s and MP3s. They're bad, very bad.

If you dont change the SB Midi options, SB Live sucks at midi!

[img][/img]

No THAT plays midi!

The mp3s sound like shit!
But the mp2s dont sound too far from the original! If you want to listen to what Bobby intended, go to www.bpmusic.com , go to
the doom music section, and play the samples! Its FAR from your sb live .

Sb live and midi=:P

Yes, if you use the Creative S/W synth it defaults to it sucks.

But if you change it to the SB Live! synth it's much better, and especially as you can change all the instruments to your own samples, you can't really say that it sucks,

so true.. basically the software drivers are only there to provide support for more then 64 channels in theory this brings the maximum midi channels to 1024... The software drivers lack support for alot of features on the live card and allso consumes more cpu power.

bear in mind that the standard sblive only loads a 4mb bank of wave data but the installation allso creates a 2mb and an 8mb bank on your hd. However if this isn't enough it's possible to load up a total of 32mb of wave data for the sblive to use.

If you for some wicked reason don't find this enough, simply get gigasampler (works with many other soundcards too) , this will let you use as large banks as you'r hd can hold (for instance i know there is a gm bank at over 500mb) the extreme is for instance a multisampled harp bank that occupies 1gb of data (each note sampled 6 times at different configs)

although.. i feel that 32mb is quite enough for me, atleast for now ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

you can't really say that it sucks,

Read the very first sentence i wrote!

DUDE! I agree with the rest, those kinda suck. If you're gonna have music on cd for doom, the best is the psx music. I have the first 11 levels of ultimate doom, about 5-10 minutes apeice, awesome quality. I recoreded them using my TV card with the psx plugged directly into it. Unfortunately I don't have a website, so if anyone would like these mp3s on they're site, or would like to hear them, email me and I'll send them to you. I barely use ICQ, unless to transfer files, so don't bother msging me there.