Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

I Got An Idea!!

Hey, do u know what would make doom a little bit better???
Being able to put in preblured images into the wad so that the program (ie:Legacy, Zdoom, Jdoom, etc) wouldnt need a video card to play it so unlucky people can play the doom games without having to cry... um... i mean Suffer.
It Would also free up some ram to do what ever the wad, level, texture editors (people) Would like their wad, game (game, as in .deh files)to be like! Ok, for u people that dont know what i am talking about, the higher res sprites like in doom64 and the pre blured sprites like in gta2.
Now, i know it can be done cus i have seen it done and it shouldnt be to hard (Hell, if u can put in sky boxes, then this shouldnt be too hard for ya now would it???).
I know this will MAKE people make other programs to put the higher res sprtes into the .wad file, but would that also meen better gfx and more details????

ok
you cant just put blury textures into doom and make it look like opengl. it just make the textures look screwd up..

no, it wont be like that.
it would be a whole new port man!!
and no it wouldnt look messed up cus they did it in gta2!

then y not just desighn a new port that alows anti-alasing and smothing using just direct-x,it is posible, that would solve a lot of problems

Guest DJ UAC
kain said:

no, it wont be like that.
it would be a whole new port man!!
and no it wouldnt look messed up cus they did it in gta2!

Kain is now known know as DJ UAC
yah that would be really cool cus i think those old 16 bit sprites kinda look dull and have no detail.

Guest RTC Marine

wtf is that? and why did you change your nick?