Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZarcyB

Editor questions... uh-huh.

Guest ZarcyB

OK, I'm looking for a good, easy-to-use editor that supports most source ports. Ages ago I used to use DCK which was a dream to use, but now it won't work (DOS and video card problems). I've been using Wadauthor recently but it crashes sometimes and it's annoying when I have to unzip it every time the evaluation expires. It would be a great help if someone could point me to a good Windows-based editor (or if someone could maybe give me the serial number and shit for Wadauthor 1.30 ^_^).

windue 5.4
this is the one i use....its cool (recommend to to use it as a sidedef editor) editing in lindefs will make the sectors notclosed. i think there is a patch to use it with boom support but i havent looked into it

Guest ZarcyB
SaGa said:

windue 5.4
this is the one i use....its cool (recommend to to use it as a sidedef editor) editing in lindefs will make the sectors notclosed. i think there is a patch to use it with boom support but i havent looked into it

Where do you get WinDEU?

SaGa said:

windue 5.4

I am always willing to recommend DeePSEA (http://www.sbsoftware.com/). I have used it for a number of years now and find it very easy. It is a full featured editor that supports doom1, doom2, heretic, hexen, strife, boom, zdoom (including hexen mode), and more. It also has pretty extensive wad manipulation tools including lump importing, exporting, renaming, deleting....

The downside is that they ask for a registration fee (don't remember how much ATM). The shareware version only allows editing of very small maps, but most (all?) the other features are fully functional. I have registered and consider it worth paying for.

ZarcyB said:

I've been using Wadauthor recently but...||...and it's annoying when I have to unzip it every time the evaluation expires...||...(or if someone could maybe give me the serial number and shit for Wadau

Man, you'd cheat that poor guy even though the program is dedicated to his late father...You're a sick individual...

Guest ZarcyB

I was only kidding.

Guest ZarcyB
Enjay said:

I am always willing to recommend DeePSEA (http://www.sbsoftware.com/). I have used it for a number of years now and find it very easy. It is a full featured editor that supports doom1, doom2, heretic, hexen, strife, boom, zdoom (including hexen mode), and more. It also has pretty extensive wad manipulation tools including lump importing, exporting, renaming, deleting....

The downside is that they ask for a registration fee (don't remember how much ATM). The shareware version only allows editing of very small maps, but most (all?) the other features are fully functional. I have registered and consider it worth paying for.

I've tride DeepSEA but I can't seem to get the hang of it... maybe someone could help me here.

What do you want to know? I am pretty familiar with it so I may well be able to help

Maybe you could E-mail me on this. It would probably be better as these forums are quite big and I sometimes loose a thread, but I'll look back here from time to time too.

ZarcyB said:

Where do you get WinDEU?

windue 5.4
hmm i got mine off of a compilation of wads cd that i got
well um i might be able to email it to u i think its like 1.5mb
i dont have a web site just yet so

Guest Nuno Correia
ZarcyB said:

I was only kidding.

Excuses... heh :)

ZarcyB said:

I've tride DeepSEA but I can't seem to get the hang of it... maybe someone could help me here

Two words: college degree.

Guest Medieval_Gnome

Try DOOMCAD... It is fairly similar to the others, except that..... oh nevermind