Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SaGa

chex quest

remember this TC that thay sent out in chex cereal boxes
BTW in the wad file thay have the map files for origenal doom's episode 2 and episode 3

I WAS POKING AROUND in the chex quest wad and i found the other levels of original doom

Guest Duke Nukem

They put doom maps in cereal? Send me this wad

Guest Doom4Ever
Duke Nukem said:

They put doom maps in cereal? Send me this wad

its a pretty stupid wad. you'll beat it in 15 minutes.

Duke Nukem said:

They put doom maps in cereal?

HAHAHahahahahAHAHAHahahahahahaaaa!!

Oh man. Am I really the only one who found that line profusely hilarious?

Actually there is a sequel too chex quest 2, don't think it's on cdrom.com but i know i saw it on an abandonware page some days ago :)

Guest Lurmy

I remember that. That was back when I was, I think 9. (Yeah, I'm the youngest doomer here.) Beat it real fast, it was easy.

Vorpal said:

It's on cdrom.com

If memory serves, they included it as a give away with the cerial and so being sort of commercial, should not contain any material in the WAD that was part of the original doom/copyright anyone else. Mind you, nor should any other WAD.

Yes, it is easy, and is aimed at a younger audience. No blood and gore at breakfast. I think you are supposed to be sending the little green aliens back to where they came from rather than killing them etc etc... Even so my 4 year old son still needed an extra bit of help by lowering the baddies hitpoints using dehacked, but now he loves it.

check the wad using wintext check the first level of the second episode does it look formillier (o and i played a bit of the second episode using the chexquest.exe and crap and guess what there was skulls but you could not see them coze the skull images where taken off of the wad Chexquest seems to use a iwad not a pwad so

i like the first level of chex quest i think ill convert it to doom and make it a dm map

Duke Nukem said:

They put doom maps in cereal?

ROTFLMAO Man that's a good one. I'm gonna hafta remember that. Well, I'm at least glad to know that Duke Nukem cares for the mental well-being of America's children. This is very disturbing when you think about it, though.

SaGa said:

check the wad using wintext check the first level of the second episode does it look formillier (o and i played a bit of the second episode using the chexquest.exe and crap and guess what there was skulls but you could not see them coze the skull images where taken off of the wad Chexquest seems to use a iwad not a pwad so

Interesting. The version I have only has 5 levels, all for doom2 and definately no original doom/id lumps in it of any kind. I can't find the text file ATM to find out more about it.

Guest Ike the Killer
Lurmy said:

I remember that. That was back when I was, I think 9. (Yeah, I'm the youngest doomer here.) Beat it real fast, it was easy.

Uhh, how old are you now?

And, uhh, it was easy, but I never did beat the last level 'till about a year later (I got pissed when I didn't find the BFG replacement).

Oh, and try loading up the Chex Quest wad into Doom, it should work (or was it Doom into Chex Quest...).