Sign in to follow this  
Guest s999cop

I hate Icon of Sin !!!!!!

Guest s999cop

I hate Icon of Sin !!!!!!

you know how annoying that level is ! brb, hope won't see it in D3

Guest Lurmy

I agree with you one hundred percent

Definitely. The first time I saw it, I thought, "Whoa cool, that's pretty awesome," but the problem is, that the Icon of Sin has been used as the final boss in nearly every megawad since Doom II, including Final Doom, and I really wish somebody would come up with a more creative way to end the game. That's why Doom I rocks, first boss is two Barons, then a Cyberdemon, then a Spiderdemon. Those were actual monsters. I felt ripped off, though, when at the end of Thy Flesh Consumed, there was just another stupid Spiderdemon. I really want to see a boss that instills fear in me the same way the Barons of Hell did when I first got to the end of Knee Deep in the Dead. Of course, now I'm not even scared about a Cyberdemon, but when I first played, I was shocked that you had to kill those Barons with nothing more than a chaingun and a shotgun.

Guest Lurmy

I had a rocket launcher for them :)

Jeremy said:

Im sure you meant BTW, not brb. Brb means "Be Rite Bacl" :P

Rex used the icon of sin demon shooters pretty originally in "Temple of the Ancients" recently. Took me a while to work out what to do.

I have to agree about the Barons, when I first played SW doom I wasn't entirely sure they could be beaten, but that doesn't come anywhere near the way I almost filled my pants when I first woke up the Cybie after getting my registered copy and reaching E2M8. This hideous roar and the huge stomping footsteps from an as yet unseen beast echoing in my ears as the freaky music played. Suddenly a volley of rockets coming at me - Oh shit, we're into it now boys.

There is a different boss in Doom 64. Some floating demon thingy. It sends out trails of fire just like the minotaurs in heretic. That reminds me, is anyone thinking of porting over Doom64 to the PC? I HATE the N64 controller. The only way to turn around at a decent speed is with the joystick. ACK!

Guest Lament
Enjay said:

Rex used the icon of sin demon shooters pretty originally in "Temple of the Ancients" recently. Took me a while to work out what to do.

I have to agree about the Barons, when I first played SW doom I wasn't entirely sure they could be beaten, but that doesn't come anywhere near the way I almost filled my pants when I first woke up the Cybie after getting my registered copy and reaching E2M8. This hideous roar and the huge stomping footsteps from an as yet unseen beast echoing in my ears as the freaky music played. Suddenly a volley of rockets coming at me - Oh shit, we're into it now boys.

(I said that and i'll repeat it again)

Icon of sin SUCKS!

The only good thing about the level is the texture of the icon itself. The idea is primitive -- making an end level without actually creating a boss monster. The level is just a big box. Slime walls 100 meters high are incredibly ugly. Icon of Sin is the worst level in Doom, definitely by architecture. If anyone else created the level (and suppose the texture had already been made by Id), people won't bother spending the time to finish it.

And it also sucks because it doesn't require any playing skill to complete it. All you have to do is time your shots correctly while moving up, which isn't someting really needed in the game. Doom I bosses definitely requred skill to beat.

Icon of Sin SUCKS!
Icon of Sin SUCKS!

Enjay said:

I have to agree with you. Hearing the Cyberdemon for the first time was the freakiest thing ever in Doom. Just peeking out from each door in suspence and fear while hearing those footsteps was one of the most memorable moments ever in Doom.