• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mancubas

Stunned??

Guest mancubas

I just dont get it,
I ve been told theres a Doom 3 being made, but is it being made by ID, all is it just something doomworld is creating.

PLus
You start off in a small room. U head out and face a big Castle. u r in a Graveyard area. The graves have RIP on them. You follow the wavy path to a drop and land on a bridge. It raises and you head to the door. In order to pass. You need to flick two Switchs. One makes the door open halfway, the other the same. U go in and follow the maze. After a while. U come across lots of big grey rooms. There are heaps of Cyberdeamons and Spidermasterminds...
Thats all i can remember
Does anyone know the wad iam talking about?

Guest Duke Nukem

Dude. Doomworld is a doom news site. Doomworld isnt making doom3. ID software is. ID SOFTWARE! Bah. stupid newbs

This is super-newbie or something! I swear this guy makes all the other newbies look like regulars.

Guest fragg

John Carmack has most of Id team working on a new Doom game. Single player, with a story to it. He is alleged to be building a totally new Doom engine.
American McGee, who used to work for Id and is Carmack's friend, said hie saw the preliminary engine Carmack is working on a few weeks ago. He said his jaw was dropping on floor, "it's that good an engine".
He said it blows away every engine on the market.
However, what I'm interested in is what the "Story" in Doom3 will be --- and wether the Gameplay will "suck you in" like D1 and D2 did.
Bottom Line: Can Id repeat once again, the legendary "Doom magic" --- after all these years?
We'll have to wait a year to find out (circa End 2001/Early2002).
Carmack has told Id guys "DON'T talk about D3, don't hype it. Wait till game can speak for itself. No hype, no hype, no hype!"
I saw this at Blue's or Shugashack (or wherever) not long ago.

Sorry, I can't identify the Level you are inquiring about.
fragg

yea doom3 is being made, i cant wait to see it. i hope it will use every thing out there now. but i bet it will be at least 2 years before we see it in stores, maybey 1 year for an alpha version for the public or maybey a shareware. i want to see the return of episodes and a full shareware episode for download.

mancubas said:

You come across lots of big grey rooms. There are heaps of Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds... Thats all i can remember. Does anyone know the wad I am talking about?

You mean 90% of the WADs on CDROM.COM?

fragg said:

John Carmack has most of Id team working on a new Doom game. Single player, with a story to it. He is alleged to be building a totally new Doom engine.
American McGee, who used to work for Id and is Carmack's friend, said hie saw the preliminary engine Carmack is working on a few weeks ago. He said his jaw was dropping on floor, "it's that good an engine".
He said it blows away every engine on the market.
However, what I'm interested in is what the "Story" in Doom3 will be --- and wether the Gameplay will "suck you in" like D1 and D2 did.
Bottom Line: Can Id repeat once again, the legendary "Doom magic" --- after all these years?
We'll have to wait a year to find out (circa End 2001/Early2002).
Carmack has told Id guys "DON'T talk about D3, don't hype it. Wait till game can speak for itself. No hype, no hype, no hype!"
I saw this at Blue's or Shugashack (or wherever) not long ago.

Sorry, I can't identify the Level you are inquiring about.
fragg

<< We'll have to wait a year to find out (circa End 2001/Early2002. >>

That's very optimistic. I'm thinking end 2002.