• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Espi

Looks good eh?

2 x EUDAR/VM/MIRA 128MB SDRAM/DIMM PC133 $145
1 x INTEL PENTIUM III 800MHZ COPPERMINE (133MHZ) $320
Maybe with this I can run Qdoom with more than ~10 fps :)

Not bad. I'm considering selling my computer if anyone in the north east of england is interested- 128mb ram/amd k6-2 450/one 10/100 combo nic/17" monitor/56k ext. modem if required/floppy drive/cdrom drive (24x)

Unfortunately most of the good stuff would go to my parents comp :(

128 MB RAM? You're just screaming for a slow thing. If you're using Win98 or ME, I think they automatically take up the first 128 MB with a page file - if you have less, they read what should be in RAM off your hard drive. If you're using Win95 however, go for it.

Well what do ya think that 2x means there? Could it be 2 x 128 megs = 256 megs? :)

Well dammit, you shoulda put the 2x in front of the actual RAM chips and not all that other jibberish! Nobody lists their RAM like that AND YOU KNOW IT! ;)

Lüt said:

128 MB RAM? You're just screaming for a slow thing. If you're using Win98 or ME, I think they automatically take up the first 128 MB with a page file - if you have less, they read what should be in RAM off your hard drive. If you're using Win95 however, go for it.

But my family's PC used to have only 64 megs RAM (it now has 96) and it's an AMD-333 overdrive as well. Win '98 runs perfectly fine on it (release 2 though).

Maybe you somehow disabled your swap file or something.

I didn't find this out for myself, it's something my boss told me. Obviously 98 functions with less than 128 MB RAM, in fact I stuck it on my friend's 486/66 with 24 MB RAM because I was kinda pissed at him at the time, but there's something about it's RAM allocation being screwy. I don't remember verbatim what the deal was, just that 95 took less resources to do the same stuff; as always.