Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elfshadow23

Copyright Question.

Guest Elfshadow23

I'm just wondering what you guys think ID would think If I used a level from the games. Eg. Build part of a level... add a teleport.... copy/paste map10 into the level and changes the player starts to a teleport destination.... Change all the tags that need changing... would Id consider this copyright infringment?

I dont think they would, as a) You would need the WAD file to view the textures/sprites anyway... and b) I'm not making any money off it so yeah.....

Im gonna send this to ID as well, and see what they say...

ELFSHADOW

I am sure they wouldn't. If you've ever played anything on the D!Zone CDs (collections of user-made levels from long ago), a LOT of people had modified Doom/Doom2 maps on those CDs. If they didn't care back then, they sure won't care now. And the people who sold those CDs WERE making money from them too.

But I'm sure you gotta change it just a little, a direct copy-and-paste probably would get them a little annoyed.

I recall that one of the criteria for rejection in idgames\incoming is using modified Id levels, or rather, not modified-enough Id levels.

I think not-modified-enough is more like it. That's a CDROM.COM requirement only, not a direct order from ID.