Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SaGa

who uses doomserver or csdoom here

im jest wondering it seems half of you people dont use both coze i never see some of you on them

Guest Duke Nukem

Nightmare, your wrong too. Its doomserv.

Just FYI, it's you're, not your :)

Your is possesive, you're is an abbreviation of you are.

I would use 'em but my connection is fucked up whenever I try to play any multiplayer game. I get a ping of ~800-1000! This happens in Quake, AvP and Half-Life and possibly any other game too. Could it be my new USB modem causing this? When I had internal modem there were no problems I got a ping of around 250, unfortunately it did not work with my new motherboard so I had to buy myself the USB one.

I use csDoom, but the reason you probably never see some people is because they might use different names on there. I know I do, on csDoom I use the name "The Mad Fragger", which I came up with playing Quake. I based my name off of the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland, which ended up being a really weird coincidence when I discovered that American Mcgee was making Alice.

Guest fraggle`
Espi said:

I would use 'em but my connection is fucked up whenever I try to play any multiplayer game. I get a ping of ~800-1000! This happens in Quake, AvP and Half-Life and possibly any other game too. Could it be my new USB modem causing this? When I had internal modem there were no problems I got a ping of around 250, unfortunately it did not work with my new motherboard so I had to buy myself the USB one.

i think you'll find that its the fact that you're using a modem thats a problem

Espi said:

Try this it worked for me, I had 4000 pings in CSDoom, turn ON compression and error correction and if its a winmodem have software flow control not hardware, ping is now around 200

NiGHTMARE said:

let me see, do I have anything better to do than point out errors and stuff THAT REALLY DON'T MATTER... hmm yes!

fodders said:

I use both........any port in a storm :)

yep i know you do i see you on all the time

fraggle` said:

That's not fair, I'm trapped on a 56k myself. I could EASILY afford upwards of $100 a month for a good, reliable high-speed internet access service but **NONE** are available in Southwest Michigan, USA.

Some of us are just shit out of luck for now. So... I don't find either of them suitable for modem use. Hell, in Q3A my ping hovers between 225-325 which makes the best weapons useless.

GodDAMMIT I wish cable modems access was available around here. Fucking AT&T needs to get on it, we all want it and I know about thirty people in my area including us have all pestered the shit out of 'em. Bastards.

fraggle` said:

Fraggle, using a modem will only about 150 to 200 ms to your ping unless you can handle the amount of information being sent. An 800 to 1000 ping would otherwise be caused by static on the phoneline.

NiGHTMARE said:

nightmare, FYI you are the one that was attemping to correct someone and got it wrong. Dont atack duke for corecting you.