Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NBv4

Two things...

1) I have been looking for a copy of Final Doom at various stores for weeks, but can't find it anywhere. My only choice now is warez. I am not a fan of pirated software, but is this my only option?

2) How do I play other wads? I downloaded the 10sector wad today, but I am clueless on how to play it. I am using ZDoom and I have gotten the original doom.wad to work, but no others will.

The 10 sector wad is for Doom2(using the Boom sourceport). Some of the levels won't run properly with ZDoom. To run an add on wad use the -file parameter:

At a dos prompt type: ZDoom -file nameofwadfilehere.wad.
Make sure you are in your ZDoom directory and that your wadfile is there too. If you don't know how to use Dos, right-click ZDoom.exe and drag it to your desktop and select "Create shorcut here from the context menu. Then right click the shortcut and select "properties". Click on the "shortcut" tab and you will see a field where you type in the -file paratmeter and the name of the wad you wish to run. If you don't want to mess with all that stuff, you can look around for a front end to use to launch your games. Pretty near all ports have them. I don't know of any links off hand though.

*Update*

http://www.ltsp.com/users/jcuenco/zdlaunch/

Here you can find a launcher for Zdoom if you would rather use
something like that rather than mess about with the command line.

or make new file rename it zdoom.bat edit it and use commands
zdoom -file (path to 10 sector wad)10sector.wad
then run this

Stphrz said:

Instead of breaking one of your principles, why not order it? I ordered final doom 3 years ago for like $20 or something.

1-800-idgames

Stphrz said:

Wrong!

10sectors has run fine in ZDoom ever since v1.23 beta 7 (maybe before that, I can't remember).

I do remember Ling warning people not to use it with ZDoom as certain maps wouldn't work... so I don't think most people even tried.

Stphrz said:

This is odd. I got that launcher you said, but the custom wads aren't showing up. Under the 'Game Parameters' tab, only 'doom.wad' and 'doom2.wad' will ever show up, even though my other custom wads are in the same folder. Under the 'Advanced Game Parameters' tab, there is a 'Custom PWAD' field. I added all the custom wads to the list, and checked the box, but It will still launch either the Doom or Doom2 wad.

And about the shortcut parameter thing, do I just put "C:\Program Files\UltimateDoom\d\ZDoom.exe -file c:\Program Files\UltamateDoom\d\10sector.wad" inside the 'Target' field? Or do I need to change the quotation marks around?

The batch file resides where zdoom.exe is, all you need to put in it is zdoom -file 10sector.wad include path to wad if its not sat in same folder as zdoom
Then create shortcut on desktop if you wish to point to c:\xxxxx\xxxx\zdoom.bat
I am getting impression you only have Ult doom tho? maybe I'm wrong, I would also move the files from c:\program files\ultimatedoom as I may be wrong but Doom being dos based doesn't like a space in the path
This is probably why your not loading an external wad, zdoom will run ok being windows based but the Doom engine trying to load a wad is erroring when it reaches a path with space in

Lüt said:

I do remember Ling warning people not to use it with ZDoom as certain maps wouldn't work... so I don't think most people even tried.

It didn't work due to a bug that meant that locked DR or D1 doors with tabs couldn't be opened (but then again, what the heck is the point in giving a DR or D1 door a tab?), but that problem has now been fixed.

Mordeth said:

Asking for warez will only have your forum account deleted.

He didn't ask for warez, he asked if warez was his only option.