Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZarcyB

Setting up a (small) LAN party

Guest ZarcyB

I was thinking aboutn setting up a LAN party (or should that be a LAN gathering of very few people?) and I was wondering if anyone (a) had any experience in this kinda thing and wanted to give me hints etc (b) wanted to come along.

BTW I am from Scotland if that helps.

Small LANs are pretty easy to set up, if there are no incompatability errors between comps.

If you're using windows, simply goto network neighborhood, right click, properties. Now find the TCP/IP entry for your network card, goto it's properties. Goto the IP Adress tab, and check "Specify IP Adress". In the IP Adress window, type something like 10.0.0.1 for the server computer, 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.3 etc. for the client computers. For subnet mask just put 255.255.255.0

Btw I'm assuming you've already bought the network cards/cables and installed them with no problems.

And I'll be right over Zarcy, just have to step on the Pentagram shaped teleporter ;)

Crap, forgot one thing:

In the network neighborhood properties you have to goto the Identification tab, and all computers must have the same workgroup name, e.g. Doomlan2001

I have a little hint for you:
There's now a server launcher for my PrBoom Frontend available, reading of Doom file lists works also multiuser across the network...just try it out, it's really easy. It makes you ;-)
D'load it from http://kickme.to/theking