Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

PSX2 -Doom

I just got my PSX2, it is fucken great! I popped in the ol' Doom for PSX, its like Legacy, w/o jump n' Mlook..But I guess the new sounds, music, gfx, and frame rates, and lighting effects make up for that! But no song can beat SNES E1M2...

I found this on idSoftwares "up-to-date" {haha, yeah right} home page...I also found this quit stupid...
"The final chapter in the legendary Doom series. This is Final Doom. It's two new 32-level episodes complete with new stories (The Plutonia Experiment & Evilution), new frightening realistic graphics and new pulse-pounding music. It's time to finish what you started. Final Doom. End of story. "

And a while back, I called idSoft-ah-ware and asked if they were ever gonna make a new Doom, and the lady said no... but of course, that was a while back...Damn, that sounded a bit newbiesh, lol....

BTW, in the Final Doom thing, it says "Frightening and new realistic graphics", huh!? There were NO new gfx in Final Doom!! Maybe a..uh.. two walls? Nothing? And there is only a few new songs, not to mention, only song "16" was good... Other then that, the levels were ok...

Is it just me, or was there a big change in subject somwhere between this post? Oh well, must be halucinating again...

....Made you look...

Wow, what a coherent message. :)

I know if I went out today and snagged a PS2 I would feel screwed 'cuz I'd have to buy two games with it. What two games are worth playing? All I'd do is play my collection of old PSX games on it, and hell, I can do that right now with ePSXe and get a higher resolution while I'm at it!

There are new titlepics, endpics, and some new raytraced wall textures in there somewhere... you can really see them in that bigass Egyptian level. They fit well with the original artwork so you'd really have to look around for things you haven't seen before.

A change in subject in that post, you say? Well, I missed both subjects so I guess it doesn't matter. :P

ok......... well my playstation, memory card, and games were stolen, and i know who did it, but i cant get my hands on him, the worm shit even stole my gameboys and 2 pokemon games

Captain Skippy said:

ok......... well my playstation, memory card, and games were stolen, and i know who did it, but i cant get my hands on him, the worm shit even stole my gameboys and 2 pokemon games

That sucks, but about the Pokemon...let him keep it for fuck sake! Pokemon is NOT cool man....

Megalyth said:

You can't do anything about it?!?Kick his ass and take your stuff back!

im more than able to kick his wanker ass but i cant, if i go to the cops, they wont do anything, and i went over to that piss ants house, and he said that if i come over again, that hes gonna call the cops on me, ........america, where the criminal can get law enforcement to go after the victim, oh well, now since i got a ps2, all i gotta do is rebuild my game collection, shouldnt be to hard, i only had 4 games,
oh, and im more angry at the fact that my sis let the (cant think of a name) in, and he went into my room, all i want is 1 minute with him

If you like SNES E1M2 Music, the mp2 of it is at Doomworld. Just click on Music. It sounds pretty close to me! And I personnally liked the new music (most of it anyway) in TNT. Plutonia is a rip off though, no new music at all!

deadnail said:

Wow, what a coherent message. :)

I know if I went out today and snagged a PS2 I would feel screwed 'cuz I'd have to buy two games with it. What two games are worth playing? All I'd do is play my collection of old PSX games on it, and hell, I can do that right now with ePSXe and get a higher resolution while I'm at it!

There are new titlepics, endpics, and some new raytraced wall textures in there somewhere... you can really see them in that bigass Egyptian level. They fit well with the original artwork so you'd really have to look around for things you haven't seen before.

A change in subject in that post, you say? Well, I missed both subjects so I guess it doesn't matter. :P

But the PSX2...It can be played on a very large screen.... I mean, VERY large screen...