Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Espi

A Doom mod for HL

It seems they need help. I'll see if I can make some maps for it...

http://clik.to/doomlife/

i remember a few months back i had to idea to remake hald life in zdoom. but then i got to thinking "well you cant have slopes in doom, oh well." then the next day i saw the pic on the main page, and it was zdoom with slopes. but i dont know how to make scripts, and i d probably have to find a way to convert all half-life textures to doom. and i dotn know how. it would be pretty cool though. will zdoom have room over room soon?

Guest ZarcyB

You can download the HL textures for Doom somewhere.

masterhassan said:

i remember a few months back i had to idea to remake hald life in zdoom. but then i got to thinking "well you cant have slopes in doom, oh well." then the next day i saw the pic on the main page, and it was zdoom with slopes. but i dont know how to make scripts, and i d probably have to find a way to convert all half-life textures to doom. and i dotn know how. it would be pretty cool though. will zdoom have room over room soon?

Check out Valve.wad and Paranoia.wad in the Ports directory of cdrom.com. They are ZDooM levels that use Half-Life graphics. Paranoia.wad also has Half-Life enemies, weapons, sounds and other things. Check out the HL enemies, weapons, etc. by Mike Watson (Cyb) in his HLgfx.wad (http://members.xoom.com/cybspage)

Another Half-Life texture resource, HLtctex.wad, was recently uploaded to cdrom.com and can be downloaded here:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2/graphics/hltctex.zip

masterhassan said:

i should brish up on my doom level editing skills, i gotta learn how to make scripts and shit though. and all the fancy "3d stuff" ...well quotes werent needed because nobody calls it that but...i mena like 3d floors and slopes. whatever

Guest DSoD-Hellfire
ZarcyB said:

You can download the HL textures for Doom somewhere.

i was gonna make a TC for HL (it would be doom with a far greater story) but its on hold until i can finish my Mad Max TC for another game