Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

All-new DM mode

I'm not sure where to post this... so 'general' it is...

Basically, I thought of a cool variation of the deathmatch theme, which I'd like to see... somewhere.

The basic premise is this: Armed with only one weapon (Dependant on arena, or game setting), which you get free, (IE upon spawning) you only have around 20-30 health. All players do. So, basically, it's one-hit kills with most weapons. But kills don't matter. Instead of frags, you have a multiplier, and a bar. When you frag, the bar fills, but gradually decreases. Frag again, and the bar fills, but your multiplier increments by one.

Continue fragging, and your multiplier raises. Let the bar decrease to nothing, and the multiplier decrements by one, and the bar fills.

Basically, I tried to think of the fastest-paced DM variant I can, to possibly eradicate the ongoing boredom induced by campers. And, depending on the weapon, this can be either easy-to-farg-and-multiply, or a stern challenge.

However, I'm no coder, so I can't do this.

Thoughts, people? I'm hoping this sort of mode will be included in a Doom project/port one day.

And don't say it sucks. You don't know, having not played it. And, besides, the more modes the merrier?

I think it sounds awesome.

except you should be able to change how fast it decreases, e.g. e2m7 would be hell to keep the bar up.

SaGa said:

isnt this what instagib does in skulltag

Not quite. Instagib still has the frags count. This proposed mode, although similar is based more on 'combo frags' than anything.

The only similarity is the likelihood of a oneshot kill, but it doesn't force you to use the railgun. Could be the pistol if you wanted, or fist. Now THOSE two would be hard as hell to get a decent multiplier.

Personally, I love the thought of a mode like this.

Vorpal said:

I think it sounds awesome.

except you should be able to change how fast it decreases, e.g. e2m7 would be hell to keep the bar up.

Yeah, it would be set depending on the level. For example, the Doom 2 maps 4 and 7 would have REALLY rapidly decreasing bars, as these levels are furious frag-fests.

However maps like 13 and 15 would see the bar decrease slower.