Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

All you levels are belong to us. Editors READ

I'm starting up a website especially to showcase the work of new, up-and-coming Doom level editors, to show what great new talent there is, what to expect of these individuals, etc.

The reason I am posting here, is that I feel that this is something that could very well benefit the Doom community, especially those new to the editing scene that may be getting frustrated about a lack of feedback for their projects/TCs, etc.

What I hope will happen is that authors will submit levels, and there will be a reguarly (Or semi-regularly) released 32-level WAD of efforts by these talented new designers. The WAD will hopefully be a way to decide, upon playing, what TCs are worth looking out for (As levels pulled from TCs may be included) or what new designers you simply MUST have in yours.

The site will be entitled the UAC, which stands for Up And Coming - refering to the new talent which will hopefully be showcased.

This is not all. I want the site (Which I'm working on) to be a resource for these people, featuring editing tutorials, stimuli, designer's advice and other good stuff.

Now here's the hard bit. I need YOUR support to do this. If you're new to level designing, and feel that you have something to show the community with your levels, then mail them to me (Address is to the left)

If you're a fairly experienced level editor, and feel that these newbies can learn a thing or two from you, then send me some written tutorials (Or written with a few explanatory images - preferable) to be included on the site. You will be accredited FULLY.

Finally, there's someone willing to try and bring a sense of community to the socalled Doom 'community' - this can only be good.

I'd appreciate your input.

That is cool. I don't think I can contribute because all my crap is either belong to projects or a full 27-level/32-level project. (Which is why none of it released yet, of course.)

Well, if you had one that you didn't use for a project. I bet surely all projects have levels that were 'very nearly there'...?

Guest deathwarrior

i'm probably making the world's first Skulltag Single Player wad. It's gonna have at least 22 levels, possibly 32. Anyone can check progress at my site below.

Jayextee said:

Well, if you had one that you didn't use for a project. I bet surely all projects have levels that were 'very nearly there'...?

Well, that's the thing. I started these maps back in '94-'96. I stopped in '96 to start other stuff, and I have been meaning to finish them up and get them out. They were top-of-the-line maps (each game was about 85% complete) but now I guess with ZDoom and EDGE around, they're just classics now. Hopefully my job contract expires within this month, I'm gonna finish them up and release them for everybody to play with/steal from.

Jayextee- I just like to say Well done for the motivatian,
people like you are a credit to the doom comunity. And
i be glad to help after i finshed NAM (yea im still doing
it)
K

deathwarrior said:

i'm probably making the world's first Skulltag Single Player wad. It's gonna have at least 22 levels, possibly 32. Anyone can check progress at my site below.

Mate, TR and Paradox have been using Skull Tag since way before the first official release.

Your .wad is far from the first in other words :)

I have tried to send some articles, but your mailbox is full. You should perhaps fix that if you expect any user WADs or articles.