Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Heinemann

Status or fate of Doom Millennium?

Doom Millennium vanished with Doomnation which died with frag.org (blah, blah, blah :-), but does anyone knows the status of Doom Millennium or if it has found a new place in the meantime? It were to 95% finished before April 2000 (if I remember right).

Actually according to Simon "Chief" Varszeghy, Doom Millenium is already finished. All the stuff is there, but it must be "put together and uploaded somewhere", which is Lüt's task.
I think, Lüt promised to release it before 2002 (or was it the first quarter of 2001)

Oh crap they're on to me!! :P Well, I HAD a page design done two months ago (the "official" page, not that temporary news page), but guess what? NETSCAPE SUCKS! So I've been redesigning it and refitting it for that lousy Netscape, since so many people still use it, even though the latest version was obsolete like 2.5 years ago. Once that is done, there'll be an update. I do have to update but I've been waiting to finish the new page design first. I hate Netscape. The AOL of web browsers.

About the update - it'll basically say something like I was waiting for the new engine since last update but I just found out a few hours ago it's trash, so a few things need to be retrofitted/excluded to work with the oldest engine, unless of course somebody wants to help us change a few engine things around, and then, uh, it'll be out. But I'm occupied with a job (temp contract) which should be done in a month and then I have to organize everything and get it released. It was a lot easier to organize when there were 10 or 15 other people to help instead of just me, but we'll see what happens. I've been waiting for a lot of free time to work on this because otherwise I'll get more lost than I am now if I do a few things each evening that I have any free time at all(that would be Saturdays and Sundays). Right now I can't begin to comprehend what'll go into putting together the final package. I need to do some level continuity and stuff and since none of the original designers are still around I'll just have to make best guesses at what'll work and what won't.

So... yeah.

Apart from a series of tiny "mock" levels that were used to put together the screenshots, Doom Millennium doesn't actually exist.

It's the same with Caverns of Darkness (other than the first level of course).

Lüt said:

Now I see, good that it will be released, no matter if it takes some more time. Thank you in advance!!! I downloaded the mpeg-trailer some months ago and it looked hot (one of the weapons especially - the red one - looking like an insect?). If you want to see a really horrible browser, just look at the Macintosh-version of IE, which continuosly loads files from the the cache, even after hitting the "erase chache" button. Some pages will not work because of this behavior. Maybe the only solution is pulling out the hard drive. Bill gates revenge?
(I know that Millenium will need a source port, but there is MacLegacy and for the other ports I have this PC-emulation and ... there is the enemy under desk ... I got a PC-craphouse just for using ZDoom, which does not work under emulation and is not ported native to the bright MacOS. :-)

Guest Nateness
Lüt said:

I'm probably the most impatient person around, but I've been working really hard to be patient and so far it's worked (since like summer of '99) but now I am getting pretty upset. I just wanna play Doom Millennium already {:-(