Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fragg

"Serious Sam" in stores next month......

Guest fragg

While we wait for Carmack's "BIG D3"-- our Doom.Wads and Sam.Wads will help pass the time. Check this:
STOMPED (www.stomped.com) just got pre-release copy of full game. Here's the "meat" of STOMPED Article (condensed by me)....
---------------------------------------------------------------

"...shipping to stores in March complete w/editor/modmaker Kit. (Game is Single n' Multiplayer). Full Price $20 or less."

"Serious Sam is seriously fun game.... level design outstanding at times .... lighting n' artwork great as ever..."

"while Serious Sam doesn't have deep story or character interaction, it doesn't need it.... gameplay is simple: GET FROM POINT-"A" TO POINT-"B" WHILE BLASTING EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN ... on that point game succeeds on all counts....I found myself playing, not realizing till hours later, it was 5 a.m. in the morning!! -- because game's so immersive and addictive."

"several NEW weapons, including grenade-launcher, laser cannon, BFG..."

"In full game, NEW Enemies will also show up to try to take you out ... including deadly cousins of Scorpions and Bio-mechs .... and nasty fish in some waters .... and Gizmos (tiny creatures attacking in hordes, tryin' to chew you up)... and others."

"if you thought there were Tons of enemies to fight in tech-Demo you played, you ain't seen NOTHING like the numbers you'll have to fight in full Game...."

"..you'll have tough time getting through on any skill-level.... even low-end "Tourist"-level means nothing near end of Game when you have over 30 Werebulls coming at you full blast...."

"ran very well on P2-450/128RAM/32megGeForce/1024x768/16bit .... no noticable drop in framerate, with tons of enemys on screen.

"...All's not perfect in this pre-release build ... tendency to lock up computer when exiting game ... a few missing textures ... couple of enemys somehow got stuck in walls ... can get tedious at times as you deal with "waves and waves" of Enemy..."

"truth is, even with its minor pre-release flaws, Serious Sam's lotsa fun to play ... and once you finish you just want to start again at higher Skill-lvl, just to see what's thrown at you next... Serious Sam will definitely be on our "Must Buy and Play Now" list of PC game titles for 2001"
END
fragg

OMG, sooo cool =)
Great to see the guys at croteam finally getting a deal! I'm gonna buy this as soon as it hits the shelves

Guest fragg
DiSTuRBeD said:

OMG, sooo cool =)
Great to see the guys at croteam finally getting a deal! I'm gonna buy this as soon as it hits the shelves

Hey guys, I've never seen a game this cool that sold for measley $20 !!
And, "includes" SDK kit for you Wad editor/builders to use? wow.