Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest res

Doom Server

Guest res

Hiya. Ive got a lan running at home, and want to run a doom server on it. Im all new to this, so if anyone can help me getting started running a server, it would be much appreciated.

depends very much on the type (read sourceport) you'd like to run, normal doom2 doesn't use a server, vavoom, csdoom and skulltag does however (dunno if any others do too, legacy perhaps?). So it's pick and choose :)

if you go for skulltag then read my tutorial about netplay http://www.menthos.com/andy/skulltag.html (only enough to get you familiar with the dos promt and starting stuff through it) and start skulltag in servermode with "skulltag -host -deathmatch" , if you'd like the levels to change after 25 frags you'd start with "skulltag -host -deathmatch +set fraglimit 25" other set's you might want to add is timelimit and (i think its either scorelimit or pointlimit).

if you for some wierd reason would like to connect to the server from the other computers at the lan ;o) just read the whole article (although sspy won't work if the server computer isn't connected to the internet).

:o)