Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

HELP WITH DEHACKED!!!!!

Ok, i just downloaded the latest version of Dehacked (3.1 I think) and I had it all set up.

All the directories are correct and everything, but when i try to load it it shows a bunch of error messages and the patchs get screwed up (It says on my patch that the doom marine has 8 health, his speed is 100, and his mass reads the word "error." Needless to say, that is not the way the patch was made on my laptop)

Whats wrong? On my laptop (God rest it's soul) it used to work fine. Of course back then, this was the path: C:\Doom2

On my computer, here is the path to doom 2: C:\JPC\Doom2

Could that be the problem? (I've set Dehacked to read from that directory) Do I need to move the Doom 2 folder to the C Drive instead of staying inside another folder?

Also, I probably should mention that my laptop had many things wrong with it. Many programs were screwy and even parts were falling off!

Guest ZarcyB

Get Edge and use DDF to do stuff that Dehacked does. Only easier. Dehacked sucks.

Sounds like you may have entered the wrong doom version in your ini file. That is what usually gives this kind of error.

Check which version you have by running doom.exe and looking at the text at the top of the screen before the game starts. Then open your dehacked.ini and scroll to almost the end and check the game version codes. You should use ver 1.9 as that is what most ports support, but remember there are (at least) two versions of 1.9. One supports the additional 4th episode in ultimate doom and the other doesn't. The exe's are different and dehacked needs to know which one you have.

Also make sure that any of the lines meant to define custom or unusual doom.exe versions are not uncommented. This could throw things too. They should all begin with a # to comment them out.

If it isn't that, I dunno.

ZarcyB said:

Get Edge and use DDF to do stuff that Dehacked does. Only easier. Dehacked sucks.

Watch your damn mouth. They both kick ass and DDF can't do everything that dehacked can.