Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stealthy Ivan

Mouse V. Trackball...?

Guest Stealthy Ivan

Well, I prefer to use the mouse, but some of my team mates like the trackball, I was wondering, how many of you prefer to play doom using a mouse or a trackball. For the people who use game pads or joysticks, you are not included in this survey.

Long live the mouse!!!

Trackball all the way. I use the Trackman Marble FX. It may look weird, but it's finger operated, other than thumb operated, which I find easier to control. Plus there's 4 buttons you can set to ANYTHING you want! Plus, you don't have to reposition it like the mouse, (aka lifting the mouse up, moving it over, putting it back down) and it moves smoother too.

Guest JelloBiafra

I prefer mouses over trackballs, mainly because I find it easier to aim with. Plus, I have an optical mouse now, so it's much smoother than a ball mouse, plus it doesn't get gunked up.

Definately the mouse...better aiming, but sometimes the cord gets in knots (doh!)
Never use laptop pseudo-mouses...they suck...tried it once on AvP...:P

MOUSE!!!! I can't control a trck ball as easily, a mouse lets your reflexes work better 'cos you're whole arm moves.

elbryan42 said:

Trackball all the way. I use the Trackman Marble FX. It may look weird, but it's finger operated, other than thumb operated, which I find easier to control. Plus there's 4 buttons you can set to ANYTHING you want! Plus, you don't have to reposition it like the mouse, (aka lifting the mouse up, moving it over, putting it back down) and it moves smoother too.

i have one of those too, at first (for quite a long time) it's almoust impossible to play but now i'm just as good with it as with a mouse.

Not much differense other then it's optical (good performance) and you never move it to an edge and have to lift it.

But the first time you try, it's impuzzible. Very different then using a mouse :)

ok like i used to use a trackball to control my guy and well i kinda thout it was better in a way i mean you cant go off the edge of the mouse pad and it was eseyer to move but harder to aim....then my trackball broke so i got a regular mouse and after awile i started to see differences betwean them like i would go out of the mouse pad sometimes and had to lift my hand up and down so i whould not fall off of the mouse pad.. but in a trackball u use your thumb and fingers to move it. in a regular mouse u use you wrist to move it....but its just how your used to controling the pointer (vai a mouse-trackball-or even a toachpad)

Guest D|RE

Trackball definitly. I too have a Logitech Marble FX. and anyone who says Trackballs are too hard to use. Just like anything else, u need to get used to it. I fumbled with the trackball for the first 2 weeks of using it. But now I wouldent use anything else.

Also with the logitech tools, you can set the refresh rate of the trackball to 200times/sec (which means its HELLA smooth)