Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

CAN ANYONE RECOMEND AN AWSOME MEGAWAD?

No fancy stuff or new textures (Well, not a lot of new textures) just a really cool, fairly tough, 32 level replacement wad (NO TC'S OR PC'S. Single player, obviously). Any suggestions?

I would prefer a Zdoom Megawad, if they exsist, but a plain old "vanilla doom megawad" will do.

<note: I have already tried the following: Momento Mori 1 + 2, Earth (Although it wasn't a megawad), Dark Covenant, World of Deth, Hell Factory (Although it wasn't a megawad).>

<Another note: For those who don't know, a Megawad is a wad file that replaces all of Doom 2's 32 levels>

Well, since you have non-megawads on your list, I can recommend one. Insertion (insrtion.wad on cdrom.com for doom2).

Hell Revealed is an incredible megawad with a fanatical following of speedrunners. (hr.wad on cdrom.com).

"Kill!Zone" is the wad I use to recommend in such cases :-) It has only 7 levels, but they are all *very* complex, so it could go as a megawad. Very well architecture in various style, good puzzles and hard combat. Look here in the forums wads section, I recommended it under the topic: "Marines, do your duty and play this wad". Note that there is another wad named "Killzone", so better use the link in my post.

Eternal Doom from http://teamtnt.com/

Also, though it is a TC, this is my absolute favorite:
Osiris on cdrom.com. It comes zipped with a batch file to
apply the dehacked patch to doom2.exe. Don't use that, just
load it into zdoom so: zdoom -file osiris.wad -deh osiris.deh
Extremely satisfying.

Try Requiem, it's kind of similar to the Memento Mori's.

Invasion 2 is another good mega-wad.

If you don't mind insanely hard levels, there's also Hell Revealed.

Finally, there's TNT's Icarus: Alien Vanguard.

All these .wads shoule be available on cdrom.com, look for the doom 2 mega-wads directory.