Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pickle_hammer

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

Guest pickle_hammer

ever since sir_frag's little gif and the flash movies, ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US IS EVERYWHERE!!!! www.mame.dk, www.retrogames.com, www.zophar.net, THEY HAVE ALL ADOPTED IT AS THEIR SLOGAN WITHIN A WEEK!!! I am afraid to go outside now! This is what we get for talking about bad translations! All because of a stupid sega game! HELP ME!!! ALL YOUR DOOM ARE BELONG TO US!!!

It didn't start in the Doom community. A few months ago I saw a website with a lot of edited images containing that infamous sentence.

I find it amazing how far it has spread...

Guest pickle_hammer

NO it started a long time ago on a sega game. THen the guy did the edited image flash movie and it kind of migrated from there.

FOR THE LAST TIME! All Your Base Are Belong To Us is from the opening cut-scene of an old Arcade/NES game called Zerowing. It is a Japanese game that got (badly) translated to English by Japanese people who didn't know English. It started on the forums over at somethingawful.com MANY MONTHS AGO as a picture of something yelling "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!". People joined in quickly with all the different types of pictures to put it (on billboards, buses, license plates, advertisements, people talking, etc.) and there's about 500+ pictures in a thread on the forums at somethingawful.com - the forum goons there then spread the phrase to all the other places they knew of, putting it on tons of other forums and even some sites where they let users type in their messages as the site header. It was also used in a few chat dialogues and pranks, and there is an AVI of some people who added their voices and music to the cut-scene. It was very-well done. I have about 400 of these images on my computer; I hardly ever get sick of looking at them. There is also a site that has them thumbnailed and categorized, but I forget where it is at the moment. The pictures in that flash animation from a few days ago are horribly compressed and blurred versions of some of the ones in that particular archive.

Guest ZarcyB
pickle_hammer said:

NO it started a long time ago on a sega game. THen the guy did the edited image flash movie and it kind of migrated from there.

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! All your base, all associated pictures, gifs, animations, piss takes etc etc were around LONG before that flash movie!!!! It all DIDN'T migrate from that... it's probably the most recent thing!!!! Damn your stupid.

True, but the flash movie inspired me to get a rom for the game...even had to download the emulator for it.
<BOOM> What happen?