Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BECAUSE DWANGO5 IS FOR FAGGOTS oh um, I don't know, I might play if there was one.

(IF IT WASN'T A DWANGO5 TOURNAMENT)

I've participated in 3 tourneys and 3 ladders during my online dooming career so far.

All of these 6 events were soon aborted due to either the maintainers or the players losing
interest. That sucked.

The tourneys were all played in zdoom v1.22. The first one was a dwango5 map01 tourney run by Flesh_VILE. He lost interest after only a few games had been played. I tried helping him out, but by that point, the players had lost interest, too.

The second (dwango6 (?) map01) and third (dweller2 map01) tourneys were run by Bone-c!, who also after a couple of rounds announced "Fuck the tourney!". That also sucked.

So what we've learned is that the maintainers as well as players of a tourney need to be at least 150% dedicated.

Then there's always the question of agreeing on wads, maps, dmflags, engines, servers, etc... It might be best if the maintainer did this in a pretty much dictatorial way. He might have to use his brains a bit, though, or noone will participate.

One huge problem, however, is lag. What would be a smart way of accounting for ping differences? I'm not sure I'd participate if all I could expect was to sit on some server with 700 ms ping and get slaughtered by totally useless newbies, thanks to their 28 ms pings.

Maybe Doomworld indeed could organize something decent...(?)

N.C.

Linguica said:

Why haven't there been any DW ZDaemon tourneys?

Doom2 Map01 and Dwango5 Map01 dual games are pretty active daily on Zdaemon.

Yes well I am more dedicated than the average bear.

What would you like to see in a (decently run) ZDaemon tourney?

Linguica said:

Yes well I am more dedicated than the average bear.

What would you like to see in a (decently run) ZDaemon tourney?

Does the coming clan battle between -=(ICE)=- and =KFH= count? 0_0

Who all is in KFH? I know modders is, but I haven't seen anyone else.

Go ask bond
I can only assume you are asking because you have been caught using a cheat? hack? being naughty? and now need a proxy isp connection 'coz someone's banned you from their server?

well, map01, dwango5 map1, and the best duel maps from greenwar.wad

What I want to know is, how come no one hardly ever runs a DM on E1M1-undoubtedly one of the best DM maps ever created?