Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Doomer's Quake

Anyone remember that Qboard .wad that three Quakers made?

Well, I've been messing around with Quake 1 editing and was thinking that maybe a bunch of us Doomer should get together and make a couple of Quake 1 levels to show the Quakers how it's done.

Any takers?

I'd do it, but that would involve finding and installing quake, finding and installing an old version of worldcraft or learning a different editor altogether, and quake is lame anyway.

Guest kristus

I've been toying with Quake 3 Radiant. Making 3 levels non got finsihed so far. Quake 3 is stupid when I run it sometimes the new stuff i added don't appear or the map won't load at all. bah. nevermind.

I guess we could make a few DM maps.

Quake edeting is pretty simple. A door for instance is easier to make in quake than in Doom. But then again I haven't meddled with the really complex stuff yet.

If somebody would care to step me through how to use a Quake map editor, I'd love to. Until then, sorry.

Also, they'd better have removed visplane limits in Quake by now - I remember walls disappearing in the regular levels.

I would, but I currently have several Doom levels I'd like to get finished and release. I have some experience editing Q3A, editing Q1 is probably pretty similar, though I can't script at all...

I'll keep it in mind if I ever get some free time and once I finish the computer I'm building.

Jon said:

I'd do it, but that would involve finding and installing quake, finding and installing an old version of worldcraft or learning a different editor altogether, and quake is lame anyway.

I'm actually halfway done with a quake1 level for a friend's mod. This is around my 6th quake series level, but first quake1 level. So it wouldn't "show the quakers" how to do anything ;)

Lüt said:

If somebody would care to step me through how to use a Quake map editor, I'd love to. Until then, sorry.

i can do it, as soon as i find a good quake editor. it is alot easier than half-life, which i have goten good at

Guest Nodus

Making good maps for quake is a helluva a lot harder, mostly because you have to deal with all three dimensions. Therfore it takes a lot more practice and someone who only made doom maps will surely not show someone experienced in quake mapping "how its done".

Guest kristus

Nah.
If it's anything it's more time consuming than Doom. IMO quake edeting is easy as hell. Only hard thing is to stop in time or it get's to big ;)

Plus you got that rendered window that show you how it all looks so you don't have to quit the editor and go look all the time.

<< Plus you got that rendered window that show you how it all looks so you don't have to quit the editor and go look all the time. >>

Heh, Deepsea has that (kind of)

Jon said:

Yeah, I actually DO have a copy of Quake somewhere around here, but I refuse to let that piece of crap take up my precious hard drive space (I have something like 350 megs left of a 4 gig hard drive, yeah I know I should probably get a bigger one, but until I do, I'm kind of stuck). Maybe if I didn't hate Quake so much, and I actually had talent as a level editor (I can't even make a decent Doom level), but I don't even know if I would do it then.