Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

.GIF files

I'm having problems with my face image. When I change the image to a .gif file and open it up in Internet Explorer, it won't show up. What do I do?

Sounds like a cache problem. If reloading the page does not work as a solution, try to trash the cache manually. I have been totally unable to upload a face with Internet Explorer, finally with Netscape I was successful (just yesterday). It does not seems that older posts receive an update with the new face, maybe only in my situation...?

Peter Heinemann said:

Sounds like a cache problem. If reloading the page does not work as a solution, try to trash the cache manually. I have been totally unable to upload a face with Internet Explorer, finally with Netscape I was successful (just yesterday). It does not seems that older posts receive an update with the new face, maybe only in my situation...?

I mean...I opened it up with that MSPaint program and saved it as 'filename.gif' even though Paint only saves image files in .BMP format. It successfully saves it in .GIF format, but when I open it, all I get is that annoying "X" icon.
Did saving it through Paint screw things up? What program should I use to save it?

Graphics for Newbies 101

Paintbrush may let you save the file with a .GIF extension, but it will still save it in the Windows/OS2 Bitmap Format. If you wish to save as GIF, go get a proper image editor. An example is Paint Shop Pro, of which you can find a shareware version at www.jasc.com

Stphrz said:

Whacky face there Peter :)

Ahhhh, good ol' MS Paint.

Responsible for millions of newbies' bitmap choked sites around the world.

Stphrz said:

He's bastardized the doomguy! BURN HIM!! :P

Zeratul 982 said:

I mean...I opened it up with that MSPaint program and saved it as 'filename.gif' even though Paint only saves image files in .BMP format. It successfully saves it in .GIF format, but when I open it, all I get is that annoying "X" icon.
Did saving it through Paint screw things up? What program should I use to save it?

Sure, it might let you type in whatever extension you want, but it most certainly will save in .bmp format only :)

Guest ZarcyB
Peter Heinemann said:

AHHHHH!!!!!! MACINTOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me lights the flamethrower

GooberMan said:

Graphics for Newbies 101

Paintbrush may let you save the file with a .GIF extension, but it will still save it in the Windows/OS2 Bitmap Format. If you wish to save as GIF, go get a proper image editor. An example is Paint Shop Pro, of which you can find a shareware version at www.jasc.com

Ok, I'm attempting to download it now, but it's sure taking it's sweet time doing so. (up to 15% with a transfer rate of 2.03KB/sec) Are you sure it will complete the downloading process, or will I more than likely get the 'operation timed out' error?

Stphrz said:

It is the icon of the programm "Doominator", which allows us Mac users to handle the .deh-files for patchting Doom :-D