Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZarcyB

Action by Reaction, the "Oldies" fight back!

Guest ZarcyB

I have created Doom Veterans, the Forums for the "Oldies" of the Doom community. If you're a newbie, STAY AWAY! Newbieness will not be tolerated. So go on, check out:

http://www.zarcyb.f2s.com/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi

Hopefully soon the DV community will grow!!!

Guest Dream Destroyer

Hmmm, smells like Candy.

I'm there, so move it!
ALL THE COOL PEOPLE ARE HAVING SEX, WHERE ARE YOU? HUH? THE DOOM VET FORUM? WOW! YOUR COOLER! I DIDN'T KNOW.. RIGHT, ALL ABOUT BALANCE, YOU CAN'T BE HAVING SEX ALL THE TIME. I NEED SOME VET TIME! WOHOO!

Oh man. I was kidding with my posts towards you! This is the first time ever I see the ‘oldies’ trying to move out. This sucks. All other forums I am on, the newbies get whipped into shape. I seldom post here because I do not play Doom that often, so probably you think I am a newbie. I expected you to start whipping me a little, but never actually someone leaving.
If you are serious about moving out, than move, but this will be a bad example for the forum world. This will have shock waves. I can see the headlines already: “Newbies win over veterans in DoomWorld forum. Which one will they conquere next?” And this time I ain’t kidding.

ZarcyB said:

I have created Doom Veterans, the Forums for the "Oldies" of the Doom community. If you're a newbie, STAY AWAY! Newbieness will not be tolerated. So go on, check out:http://www.zarcyb.f2s.com/u

I wouldn't exactly call you a veteran, ZarcyB. You haven't been around that long at all...Maybe a couple of months. Veterans have been here for years. You're not a veteran and it's a long time before you qualify as one. You're no longer a newbie, though. Right now, you're in that stage of "Just another person in the forum who has something to say that people would actually read..." :P

If he's only been round "a couple of months", how come he registed on these forums in July? Over three weeks before me in fact...

elbryan42 said:

Count me in! I'll be there regularly.

For the record, I'm not leavin'. but a new, controlled forum is nice. The Doom Vetran's Forum has special forums for PSX and N64 Dooms. I still love the Doomworld Forums, just covering more ground this way.

Guest ZarcyB
Phoenix said:

Oh man. I was kidding with my posts towards you! This is the first time ever I see the ‘oldies’ trying to move out. This sucks. All other forums I am on, the newbies get whipped into shape. I seldom post here because I do not play Doom that often, so probably you think I am a newbie. I expected you to start whipping me a little, but never actually someone leaving.
If you are serious about moving out, than move, but this will be a bad example for the forum world. This will have shock waves. I can see the headlines already: “Newbies win over veterans in DoomWorld forum. Which one will they conquere next?” And this time I ain’t kidding.

It's not a new home. It's just a place where non-newbies can post serious topics without interference or annoyance from newbies. I'm still going to continue posting on Doomworld.

Guest ZarcyB
NiGHTMARE said:

If he's only been round "a couple of months", how come he registed on these forums in July? Over three weeks before me in fact...

Thanks, NiGHTMARE. I'm glad I have some support on this.

Yeah. I remember your registration and entry to these forums. You're no newbie to these forums, or just another person. You're a vet!

Yeah, he just had a long leave of absence between his registration and his regular visitations here :)

Phoenix said:

Usually, our moderators don't allow "newbie whipping" so we don't try. But there's been some done in the Doom3 forums so they may be letting up some. I haven't seen too much moderation going on lately.

Cool idea. I'm still gonna post here though, so you're gonna have to put up with me until I get booted.

Guest deathwarrior

great idea zarcy, but i'll still be posting here

Guest JudgeDooM

Hey, Zarcy, I've tried to register, but it says "Internal Server Error" when I hit the "Submit" button.

Lüt said:

Usually, our moderators don't allow "newbie whipping" so we don't try. But there's been some done in the Doom3 forums so they may be letting up some. I haven't seen too much moderation going on lately.

Whipping may be a bad choice of words. If we got moderators they should be able to delete out of context posts within a thread. If I talk about Videocards and I see posts about puberty, puberty should get deleted. (This is just an example) Eventually even the newest newbie will get the message. I.E. if you got nothing to say, be quiet and listen.

Guest ZarcyB
JudgeDooM said:

Hey, Zarcy, I've tried to register, but it says "Internal Server Error" when I hit the "Submit" button.

Yeah, try again - it should work now.

Guest JudgeDooM

mmm...it doesn't say the same thing this time. But I still can't register. Then, I try to change the password, and it says that another person has registered with the same username. I tried to make a reply, an error message appears then...

Guest Nodus
Phoenix said:

Whipping may be a bad choice of words. If we got moderators they should be able to delete out of context posts within a thread. If I talk about Videocards and I see posts about puberty, puberty should get deleted. (This is just an example) Eventually even the newest newbie will get the message. I.E. if you got nothing to say, be quiet and listen.

Dammit! Ok this is where I draw the line, get your own damn icon!

Guest ZarcyB
JudgeDooM said:

mmm...it doesn't say the same thing this time. But I still can't register. Then, I try to change the password, and it says that another person has registered with the same username. I tried to make a reply, an error message appears then...

Yo, is it working yet? If not, I'll delete your account and you can remake it.

Phoenix said:

Nah, some threads take twists and shouldn't be limited to the title.

Can I sign up? I have been here since when john carmack first said about doom3 being made, I think that was last July. It's just that my account keeps on getting FuX0red. Besides, you can't have a forum without mah coffee.

Guest anonymous
ZarcyB said:

If you're a newbie, STAY AWAY! Newbieness will not be tolerated. So go on, check out:

Surely everyone that signs up there will be a NEWBIE? :)

I have registered also, even though I think that the "newbie" discussion here in Doomworld is a bid childish (for my opinion: insane). I will continue posting mainly here on Doomworld, but look also into the new forum. We should not try to force the splitting of the Doom community.

Nodus said:

Dammit! Ok this is where I draw the line, get your own damn icon!

Uploaded my own, and notified the web master. No clue if/when they will confirm this.
BTW, the title said 'Fire' and figured this is for the public, and it's gone from my profile.

Peter Heinemann said:

I have registered also, even though I think that the "newbie" discussion here in Doomworld is a bid childish (for my opinion: insane). I will continue posting mainly here on Doomworld, but look also into the new forum. We should not try to force the splitting of the Doom community.

Damn you and your iWac with sMac OS 8.5 .