Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SaGa

Ling,Arioch,Mordeth please read

make a Newbee forum..or a Q and A forum coze all these new people are annoying.

Well, we already have an extensive FAQ section which answers most of any newbie's questions... problem is that young people (in general) have this tendency to want to be told what the answer to their specific question is, instead of trying to find things out on their own first.

Example: where to find shareware Doom, or where to find a Windows Doom port that uses MDL files, or basic editing information. It's all there, if people take the trouble to click their way around Doomworld.

Which is why a forum FAQ doesn't work, since that requires people to actually notice the link in a sidebar menu and click on stuff. This might sound very cynical, but it's sadly very true.

Mordeth said:

Well, we already have an extensive FAQ section which answers most of any newbie's questions... problem is that young people (in general) have this tendency to want to be told what the answer to their specific question is, instead of trying to find things out on their own first.

Example: where to find shareware Doom, or where to find a Windows Doom port that uses MDL files, or basic editing information. It's all there, if people take the trouble to click their way around Doomworld.

Which is why a forum FAQ doesn't work, since that requires people to actually notice the link in a sidebar menu and click on stuff. This might sound very cynical, but it's sadly very true.

Maybe every new guy to register here should be sent to the FAQ page first after being registered? That could actually work.

Mordeth said:

Oh boy, I'm sick of hearing about newbies, they are just wacky. I just need to lie down, relax, and enjoy a nice cup of coffee... Hmm... This coffee tastes strange, what's the secret ingredient?

Espi said:

Maybe every new guy to register here should be sent to the FAQ page first after being registered? That could actually work.

That would work. Well for me. Still can't find a FAQ

http://www.doomworld.com/files/index.shtml
I do find it amusing that when you hover mouse over FAQ link on right side of menus it says "click here you stupid bastard" :))

Oh you mean the thingy below the 'Source Ports'? Do you realize how difficult it is to find it? And to click on a link? I mean first you got to scroll down and ...
Yeah I know I am an ass. Sorry. Hey I am on the black list anyway.